2015 upgrade

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
2054 Views, 15 Replies

2015 upgrade

I have just upgraded to 2015 and have the following problems;

-There is now no horizontal scroll bar?

-The wheel on my mouse will not scroll left to right? It works outside of AutoCad and on 2014.

-In a viewport at 1:1 where there was hatching around a dimension at a different scale it does not show that dimension (correct) but it does show a hole in the hatching where it would have been?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD 2015 does not have a horizontal scroll bar at this time. This has been reported to the development team.

As for the other 2 issues, are you able to post a video, or a file showing exactly what it is doing? I'm not certain from your description what is happening.

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 16
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

-The wheel on my mouse will not scroll left to right? It works outside of AutoCad and on 2014.

-In a viewport at 1:1 where there was hatching around a dimension at a different scale it does not show that dimension (correct) but it does show a hole in the hatching where it would have been?

2) I'm still using 2012 but when I use the mouse wheel, it ZOOMS in or out (depending on direction I scroll the wheel).  I didn't know it would make it go left or right.

3) Are you sure the hatch wasn't just drawn around the dimension thus creating the hole?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks. I use to use the horizontal scroll bar to set drawings out so its a shame its gone. Is this something they will likely remedy?

The other two issues are;

- On 2014 version I use to be able to tilt the wheel of my mouse left or right and it would scroll across the page. It now does not do this? I was hoping to use this instead of the missing scroll bar.

- The hatch was drawn around the dimension but usually when a viewport is in another scale which the dimension isn't in the hatch usually fills in. 

I hope this explains it better

Message 5 of 16
oisinfrost

My horizontal scrollbar has gone - I rely on it to nudge details inside viewports orthogonally. It is clearly a recognized problem but it would seem those that should know about it have no idea (as per a surprised and uneducated response from Autodesk via my reseller, doh) - very dissapointing.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Thats exactly what I use it for and as my left and right scrolling on the mouse also does not work I am having great difficulty lining up details.

Thanks for explaining it better.

Message 7 of 16
doni49

You can accomplish that by turning on Ortho lock (F8) and typing in - P (hyphen P). That starts the old style pan command and the Ortho will force it to only go orthogonal.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 16
oisinfrost

Yes that works a treat when the detail is in the window, but I tend to copy a viewport and then use the scrollbar to translate the view along whatever element I'm drawing to the next detail - which can be pretty much wherever. The old -P only works within the viewport window, and you end up repeating the instruction over and over until you get where you want to be.

C'mon - bring back horizontal scrolling I say! 

Message 9 of 16
doni49
in reply to: oisinfrost

I can not dispute the need to restore the scroll bar and won't try to do so.  But I will try to help you get around the issue.  The way I typically deal with an issue as you've described is to draw a line in modelspace one end of the line represents the center of the view as it currently is and the other end represents the center of the detail.

Then I go back to paperspace, activate the vp that I need to pan and then use the -p (hyphen p) to activate the old style pan.  THen when prompted for a point, I'll use mid osnap to get the MID point of the line and second the near end of the line.  Then I'll do it once more using OSNAP end to get the opposite end of the line followed by the mid point of the line.

Having done this, I've panned from the old location to the new location in two pan steps.  Of course there was the extra step of drawing the line (and then deleting it when done) but that's better than trying to hunt all over the place looking for it.

And to make it even easier, start in the layout tab, draw a polyline representing the vp boundary.  Then use chspace to move the pline to modelspace.

Go back to the model tab and now you know exactly what part of the model is shown.  Copy that pline to the new location.  Draw your line from a vertex on the pline to the same point on the other pline.  Move the line so the end is near the centroid of the pline.

When I'm setting up a new map, this is what i do and it works VERY WELL.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 16
doni49
in reply to: doni49

@doni49 wrote:

I can not dispute the need to restore the scroll bar and won't try to do so.  But I will try to help you get around the issue.  The way I typically deal with an issue as you've described is to draw a line in modelspace one end of the line represents the center of the view as it currently is and the other end represents the center of the detail.

Then I go back to paperspace, activate the vp that I need to pan and then use the -p (hyphen p) to activate the old style pan.  THen when prompted for a point, I'll use mid osnap to get the MID point of the line and second the near end of the line.  Then I'll do it once more using OSNAP end to get the opposite end of the line followed by the mid point of the line.

Having done this, I've panned from the old location to the new location in two pan steps.  Of course there was the extra step of drawing the line (and then deleting it when done) but that's better than trying to hunt all over the place looking for it.

And to make it even easier, start in the layout tab, draw a polyline representing the vp boundary.  Then use chspace to move the pline to modelspace.

Go back to the model tab and now you know exactly what part of the model is shown.  Copy that pline to the new location.  Draw your line from a vertex on the pline to the same point on the other pline.  Move the line so the end is near the centroid of the pline.

When I'm setting up a new map, this is what i do and it works VERY WELL.

P.S. Here's a dwg file (created in 2012) that has some of the elements that I'm describing.  Try it here and you'll see what I mean.  Hopefully it'll help you until they restore the scrollbar.

Don Ireland

Message 11 of 16
j_feeke
in reply to: doni49

Although I can see there's a workaround, it's still a major drawback.

I.e. i am using the same base drawing for a large constructionsite with muliple subbuildings. To make drawings not too large, I shift the project in the baseviewport to allign in layout. Using the scrollbar is a easy way to do that. So I would like autodesk to put it back in.

Options still say's "scrollbars", and when loading acad with scrollbars active, it even looks like the horizontal scrollbar pops up for a short time, to be immidiately by the statusbar. Looks like a UI bug to me.

Message 12 of 16
rkmcswain

josh wrote:

I have just upgraded to 2015...... There is now no horizontal scroll bar?

I'm genuinely surprised that anyone even noticed this. That was always the first thing I disabled (if it was on) in every upgrade/reinstall since it was introduced.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 13 of 16
Ron-C
in reply to: rkmcswain

I use the scroll bars after I make a selection set and need to move to get more. The selection set stays when scrolling with the bars

The Selection set disappears when using PAN

I would like the horizontal scroll back.

At least we do have the option to not show if needed.

Ron

Message 14 of 16
albionpjl
in reply to: Ron-C

I just upgraded to 2015 and the lack of a horizontal scrolbar is very inconvenient.

I'm tracing off a large plan and need to keep zoomed in to see the detail. I USED to be able to start the PL command and then just click on the scroll bar to follow the thing I'm tracing off to right or left.

Now my only options are to use the invisible pan command like I used to in DOS r12, or else put down my graphics pen, pick up my mouse to use the scroll wheel to pan, then move the mouse off the mat to go back to the graphics pen.

It's clunky and annoying.

I hope they are going to fix it fairly soon.

And I really hate the 2 new colour schemes

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

I've gone back to using 2014! 

Setting detail viewports in line with each other was such a simple thing before and although I appreciate there is other ways to do this it has just complicated and slowed down the process.

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

When will the the fix be done. HUGE oversite. I too suffer with the mouse stuff, but the Horizontal Scrolling is of major importance,,,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost