Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 crosshair size in selection window

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
linkboy
7822 Views, 22 Replies

2015 crosshair size in selection window

I have changed crosshair size to 100% at option/display. In selection mode, the crosshair size keeps 100% with selection window. In previous version, crosshair disappeared in selection mode/window. Can we do the same in 2015?

cross.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
cad-pe
in reply to: linkboy

Will Autodesk pesonnel make the changes as described by linkboy? I'm getting frustrated with some of the features forced on me. I don't want to unlearn the way I use AutoCAD commands and features and relearn a new set of ways of using AutoCAD.

During all the years of using the selection window and selection crossing window the crosshairs have disappeared. I don't need the crosshairs during a selection. It's information I don't need.

How about listening to us users? You at Autodesk don't seem to be users of AutoCAD to make a living by creating construction documents (drawings). You at Autodesk seem to have your own agenda and seem to don't care about us who buy your software.

Message 3 of 23
11thHour
in reply to: cad-pe

+1

Stop messing with the program for no good reason.
Message 4 of 23
rkmcswain

It works fine for me in 2015.

This is the drawing window with cursorsize set to 100

2015-100-cursor.png

This is the same drawing window during the ERASE command.

2015-select.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 23
nestly2
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain 

I think the complaint is that the crosshairs no longer disappear during windowing.  I do think it's a potential problem when SELECTIONAREA is  disabled as shown in the screenshot because it makes the selection window less clear, particularly that the crosshairs obscure the "dashed" boundary of a crossing window.....probably less so when Selection area tinting is enabled.

Message 6 of 23
rkmcswain
in reply to: nestly2

Ok.

OP used the phrase "selection mode" twice, which means 'while selecting objects' to me.

Putting that aside, I see the point in the complaint now.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 23
nestly2
in reply to: rkmcswain

I've pretty much shelved 2015 for other reasons, which is probably why I wasn't bothered by this new behavior before.  I could probably deal with it in a 2D/Plan environment, but I do find it annoying that in a 3D environment, the crosshair re-orient to be orthogonal with the view/selection window, and also switch to their 2D color, if different than 3D/Parallel during a window selection.

I just sent Feedback indicating that I don't like crosshairs being visible during window selections.

Contact Us / Feedback  --> http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Message 8 of 23
justshutup
in reply to: cad-pe

@cad-pe wrote:

Will Autodesk pesonnel make the changes as described by linkboy? I'm getting frustrated with some of the features forced on me. I don't want to unlearn the way I use AutoCAD commands and features and relearn a new set of ways of using AutoCAD.

During all the years of using the selection window and selection crossing window the crosshairs have disappeared. I don't need the crosshairs during a selection. It's information I don't need.

How about listening to us users? You at Autodesk don't seem to be users of AutoCAD to make a living by creating construction documents (drawings). You at Autodesk seem to have your own agenda and seem to don't care about us who buy your software.

This is a user to user forum.  You'll need to go directly to ADSK if you'd like to actually address an issue with the developers.  

Message 9 of 23
nestly2
in reply to: justshutup

justshutup wrote:

This is a user to user forum.  You'll need to go directly to ADSK if you'd like to actually address an issue with the develop

True, but I don't mind seeing open letters to Autodesk posted here.  It helps to share opinion, and often ideas are shared to mitigate the issue. 

Also, depending on the users paid support option, Product Support may be automatically notified for certain topics in certain forums.

Message 10 of 23
russell.bell

Anybody found out if there is a way to get around this yet. Does a system variable exist?

Message 11 of 23
Novybec-YD
in reply to: russell.bell

Also, how do I set the "DRAG LINE" color & linetype when displacement is used? I want it black and continuous like other versions. I use a grey background and this orange/peach color is totally lost in the background. Thanks

Message 12 of 23
nestly2
in reply to: Novybec-YD

patryduf wrote:

Also, how do I set the "DRAG LINE" color & linetype when displacement is used? I want it black and continuous like other versions. I use a grey background and this orange/peach color is totally lost in the background. Thanks

AFAIK, the dragline/rubberband line color cannot be changed in 2015 as was possible in previous versions, It's another instance where Autodesk did not give proper consideration to how customers use their product.

All you can do is complain via Support and/or Feedback and hope they restore the previous behavior.sometime in the future.

Related --> Link

Message 13 of 23
chreese22

Does anyone know if this was fixed in the service pack?
Message 14 of 23
nestly2
in reply to: chreese22

chreese22 wrote:
Does anyone know if this was fixed in the service pack?

Dragline color?   No change as of yet in 2015 or 2016.

Message 15 of 23
chreese22

@nestly2 wrote:
 Dragline color?   No change as of yet in 2015 or 2016.

No I was refering to the crosshairs still showing when you are trying to window something. 

Message 16 of 23
nestly2

Also no change in that regard with any of the SP's or 2016.   The link in post #7 above still works to give feedback directly to Autodesk.

Message 17 of 23
chreese22

Ok thank you, I left some feedback. Its aggravating when they change stuff and do not give you the option to leave it the same.
Message 18 of 23
Novybec-YD

I left another comment for 2016.

No change whatsoever in that matter.

-Crossing/window selection crosshair

-Drag line color or linetype

-"Glowing" selection preview instead of just dashed.

2014 was the best!

SelectionPreview_Dash.JPG

Message 19 of 23
nestly2
in reply to: Novybec-YD

patryduf wrote:

-"Glowing" selection preview instead of just dashed.

2014 was the best!

SELECTIONEFFECT = 0 should eliminate the blue glow.

also PRESELECTIONEFFECT

Message 20 of 23
GrantsPirate

In 2016 for the cursor complaint, CURSORSIZEOFF seems to do the trick.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost