Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Switching between drawings

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DaveFuller
2751 Views, 7 Replies

2015 Switching between drawings

Windows 7 64 bit, Nvidia FX4800 all current drivers, AutoCAD 2015.

When switching from one drawing to another, sometimes (I know, that really nails it down) the drawing to which I am switching will momentalrilly display wherever I left it, then switches to the first layout in the drawing.

Almost as if AutoCAD attempts to regenerate the space and cannot and then switches to the first tab.

As I said, it is sporadic and I cannot find anuthing in particular that causes it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: DaveFuller

How are you switching drawings?
Ctrl+Tab?
Drawing Tabs?
Taskbar icons?
View ribbon > UI panel > Switch Windows?
Some other way?

You might try using another method for a while and see if it happens that way, to help narrow down the circumstances about which the issue happens.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
DaveFuller
in reply to: rkmcswain

Is has occurred using both the tabs (which I do like) at the upper left and pulling down Window on the menu bar. I do not use ribbons.
Message 4 of 8
loggyboy

Did you find any solution? Im also having this issue. Allthough mine changes to a specifc layout each time.

Message 5 of 8
loggyboy
in reply to: loggyboy

Just done some further checking on this. It only does it when you switch from a drawing that has multiple tabs, and the tab you are viewing is off the page when you view the model space tab (ie you need to select it from the arrow selection on the far left to view)
Message 6 of 8
DaveFuller
in reply to: loggyboy

Additionally, when closing a drawing with multiple drawings open: for example, Drawings "A", "B" and "C" are open (assume they are in alpha order as for the tabs), I'm working in "A", then switch to "C", then, close "C". AutoCAD lands on "B", not "A", which is from whence I came, which would be the intuative landing place.

Message 7 of 8
doni49

@DaveFuller wrote:

Additionally, when closing a drawing with multiple drawings open: for example, Drawings "A", "B" and "C" are open (assume they are in alpha order as for the tabs), I'm working in "A", then switch to "C", then, close "C". AutoCAD lands on "B", not "A", which is from whence I came, which would be the intuative landing place.

Actually, that would be an expected behavior. 

To do as you're suggesting would require that the program also keep track of the order in which you've visited the different open drawings (if it is JUST keeping track of the LAST dwg that wouldn't be too bad).  This would add even more overhead (read slow it down even more) for something that I don't think would be all that important.

Speaking from the programmer standpoint (NO I do not work for Autodesk, but I do understand how to write software), the program has a DRAWING object.  Then it also has a "Collection" of drawing objects.  The collection is in order.  When you close a dwg file, it removes that DRAWING object from the collection and displays the previous one from the collection (if you close the first one, I believe it shows the NEXT one).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 8
yzade.sam
in reply to: doni49

Try using "FILETAB"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost