Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Crashes on Startup

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
smbrennan
2718 Views, 12 Replies

2015 Crashes on Startup

I just installed ACAD MEP 2015 (via Building Design Suite Ultimate) and AutoCAD won't start, but Revit starts just fine.

There's no particular prompt, nothing "loading" in the splash - just a straight up crash. The ACAD process in my task manager has completely stopped, and no pop up indicating a crash/"ACAD has stopped working" message.

I tried running a repair - didn't fix anything.

Has anyone encountered this yet? Any fixes?

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: smbrennan

Hi,

look to >>>that blog<<<, sometimes it showes the 142 exception, sometimes just nothing. Renaming DLL's from Adobe Acrobat 64bit extension solved it for me, the detailed instruction of how to find such DLL's are written in this blog.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 13
smbrennan
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred. I just went through the AppInit and found nothing. I did comment on that post to get more exposure since I'm sure everyone else is already following that thread.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 4 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you create a new Windows user (admin permissions) and start there AutoCAD, does it also not start?

Can you tell us a little bit about your environment: hardware (especially graphics card), operating system, ...

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 13
smbrennan

Creating a new user has the same effect.

My laptop is a home laptop (using a home-use license). Wirelessly connected to the internet.

My laptop is an Alienware M17x R3. Here are the specs:

Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2.00GHz
8GB DDR3 Memory (PC3-10700)
AMD Radeon HD 6900M

I know the system is not really made for CAD - but that shouldn't be a deterrent to opening the software.
Shawn B.

|   
Message 6 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

what operating system are you running? If it's Win8 or 8.1 try the following:

Right-click onto the desktop icon for your AutoCAD, then edit the line on the second tab, that contains the start-statement (...acad.exe ...) and add at the end a new parameter:

/nohardware

Close the properties with saving. Next right click the icon again and this time use option "start as administrator" ...working?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 13
smbrennan

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

Now we are getting somewhere. AutoCAD successfully loaded. But, I get a FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at c7838b88h.

Like I said, I have 8GB of memory - I'd be surprised if that's the issue.?

What does the /nohardware do exactly? My first guess is turns off hardware acceleration.

Shawn B.

|   
Message 8 of 13
zenkai

I had this problem, I changed a registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\LoadAppInit_DLLs

From 1 to 0 and it fixed it for me.
Message 9 of 13
smbrennan
in reply to: zenkai

Yeah -
Mine is already set to 0.

Next suggestion? Haha. Leave it to me to get these problems.
Shawn B.

|   
Message 10 of 13
zenkai

Oh sorry, I Should have specified, the regedit is for the start up 142 error.   If you're crashing after you start up, not sure 😞 some people report conflicts with adobe 9 64 bit version...

Message 11 of 13
smbrennan
in reply to: zenkai

Yeah I don't know what the error is exactly. Someone in a different thread mentioned that it could be the same error without the prompt. I also saw other users having issues with Adobe, so I uninstalled mine - still having the same issue.

Shawn B.

|   
Message 12 of 13
adam

Hi Shawn

Did you ever manage to solve this issue, I have building design suite installed on and Alienware Laptop, revit is working fine but

Autocad keeps hanging at the splash screen.

Thanks

Adam.

Message 13 of 13
smbrennan
in reply to: adam

Adam,

Ironically enough, it turned out to be something that was corrupt with Windows or MS Office. I was having troubles with an Office 365 installation, had microsoft support run some routines on my computer, fixed the problem with the MS Office install, and that magically fixed the AutoCAD issue as well. 

Needless to say, I didn't save the files, nor would I want to try to repeat what they did, hell I can't even remember everything he did.

Shawn B.

|   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost