Did you mean: 

2013 Snap

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bustr
787 Views, 5 Replies

2013 Snap

Does anyone know of a setting that will turn on snap all of the time instead of just when a command is active. You can't even tell that snap is on unless certain commands are active. The cursors doesn't snap on the BREAK command thus I can't use a two point break with any accuracy because the cursor doesn't snap until after the object is selected.

I need snap ALL THE TIME not just when certain commands are active.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steve216586
in reply to: bustr

AFAIK that is how break has always worked. I use it quite often since version 2004, and its behavior is as you describe. The first click is to choose the entity, and this action also starts the break at that point.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 6
bustr
in reply to: steve216586

A two point break has always been possible whereby you select the line and the first point in one click. Now in 2013 you can't select the first point with any accuracy because snap doesn't come on until after the object is selected.

This is the kind of bad ideas I expect from microsoft not autodesk. There is no reason for this. It was changed just for the sake of changing something to make the new version different enough to be a new version. If they can't make the new better than the old then they don't need to issue new versions. Doing so just makes operating a pain in the ****.

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

Try to set SNAPGRIDLEGACY=1

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
Victoria.Studley

Hi bustr,

Once you are in the Break command, select the object and the command line will prompt you to:

Specify second break point or [First point]:

Enter "F" to select your first point. Then select your second point.

Both of these points will respond to any Snap settings you have turned on, and this feature functions the same way in (at least) versions 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

I hope this helps.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 6 of 6
bustr
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

When I said "two point" I meant selecting two points with the first break point being the point at which the object is initially selected. When doing P&IDs or wiring diagrams where many lines are crossing one another it helps to be able to break by selecting two points instead of selecting the object then selecting the break points.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost