Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wipeouts no longer work

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
gcsjlewis
300 Views, 11 Replies

wipeouts no longer work

I am using Autocad Electrical 2011, i got a new computer a couple of months ago, and now i notice my wipeouts on my blocks no longer work.  On my screen as well as when i plot.  Is there a setting that needs to be changed to enable wipeouts?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
doni49
in reply to: gcsjlewis

We need more info please:

• Just what do you mean by "not working"?  Do you simply mean that things you expect to be hidden show up?
  • You note the use of blocks. 
    • Are the wipeouts elements within the blocks? 
    • Do things that are NOT in the blocks get wiped out?  If you move the block to the front (Display Order>Bring to Front), do the things behind the block get hidden?
  • What layer are the wipeouts on?  If the layer on which they reside is off or frozen, they won't wipeout anything,

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 12
doni49
in reply to: doni49

After posting, I thought of a couple other questions to ask.

• Were these wipeouts in the file before the new machine?  Or just after?
  • Does this happen with all files or just one (or a few)?
  • What happens if you open this file on another computer?
  • What happens if someone else logs in to your computer and opens this file?  Does this happen for them as well?

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 12
gcsjlewis

The wipeouts are saved within the block on its own wipeout layer. My co-worker does not have an issue with the blocks that I have. And the blocks are something that we have used for years now, and I never had a problem until I got the new computer. If I go to draworder and either send it to the back or to the front, nothing happens. You can still see the components behind it. Every once in a while if I change from model to layout back to model it will work do what is supposed to do, but if I start modifying my drawing in model space the wipeout no longer works again. Thanks for your response
Message 5 of 12
doni49

Can you place a NEW wipeout (not in a block) and see what happens?

If you turn on Wipeout frames (WIPEOUT>Frames>On), do you see the wipeout boundaries?

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 12
doni49

@gcsjlewis wrote:
The wipeouts are saved within the block on its own wipeout layer. My co-worker does not have an issue with the blocks that I have. And the blocks are something that we have used for years now, and I never had a problem until I got the new computer. If I go to draworder and either send it to the back or to the front, nothing happens. You can still see the components behind it. Every once in a while if I change from model to layout back to model it will work do what is supposed to do, but if I start modifying my drawing in model space the wipeout no longer works again. Thanks for your response

You didn't answer my questions (in my 2nd reply).

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 12
gcsjlewis

Putting a new wipeout works. If I go into the symbol builder and turn on the wipeouts it shows. It's on the right layer, and has the right setting. I didn't get a second email from you. I will log on to autodesk and view it there. And respond.
Message 8 of 12
doni49

@gcsjlewis wrote:
I didn't get a second email from you.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012/wipeouts-no-longer-work/m-p/5190725#M114516

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 12
gcsjlewis

Actually, looking at your posts, when I put in a new wipeout around a component and brought the block to the front, my wipeouts for all blocks work the way it was supposed to.  I saved the drawing, closed out and went back in and it is still working.  It’s weird that I would have to do that.  I will also have my co-worker sign on and try to use these blocks to see if he still has the same issue I have.

Questions asked:

-The wipeouts do not work no matter sending things to the front or to the back.

-The wipeouts are elements within the block

-the wipeout layer is on and un-frozen

-The wipeouts are in the block before the new machine.

-It happens with all the blocks in our library.

-My co-worker doesn’t have this issue, and he got a new computer the same time I did.

-**I will verify if he logs into my computer if it still has the same issue.

On a side note, is there a line within the environment file that sets the standard wipeout layer?  I seem to recall that with my old computer it was automatically put on my layer “wipeout”  but when I went to put a new wipeout on, it wasn’t defaulting to that layer?  So I had to type into the command line clayer/wipeout.

Message 10 of 12
doni49

Regarding the side note question, that sounds like the old machine was autolaoding a routine (probably VBA lsp) that included code that recognized the Wipeout command had been activated and then set the layer accordingly.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Don Ireland

Message 11 of 12
doni49

manamalewis wrote:

-The wipeouts are in the block before the new machine.

If youI

I was asking about the file itself.  Did it exist WITH THE BLOCKS PLACED before the new PC?  If so, were they displaying properly before the new PC and now they're not?

Don Ireland

Message 12 of 12
gcsjlewis

Yes, each block I use has a wipeout attached to the block itself. before the new machine the wipeouts behaved as I wanted them too.

The first thing I did was to open an old project that I had, that I knew I did before my new computer, and the wipeouts do not work. But after the light bulb went off this morning I went to the same project, the wipeouts were not working, I drew a wipeout, and as soon as I exited the command, all the wipeouts on the entire drawing fixed itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost