Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewing MDT file in Acad 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ampster401
222 Views, 2 Replies

viewing MDT file in Acad 2011

Not sure of the version of MDT files, but they won't export into Inventor 2011 so they are older than MDT 2009.

I have been trying to help a client figure out why he cannot see objects drawn in MDT when opened in vanilla Acad.  I had him check what I believe is the main variable affecting this, proxyshow, and it was set to 0.  After setting it to 1 and doing a regen, still nothing.

I also checked proxygraphics and proxynotice and they are both set to 1, but neither affect this issue directly.

I've had a few people check this file on their systems and they can see the objects.  Various O.S.'s were used to test the file, Win7/64 and 32, however the client who is having problems is using WinXP/32.  I am also able to open and see the object on another WinXP system.

Not too sure where else to look...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Something else to note, I realize this isn't the correct way to use aectoacad, but I tried opening the file in vanilla Acad and used that exporttoacad command and guess what?  The client can see the object now!

I thought exporttoacad (aka aectoacad) was suppose to be used from what ever application the dwg first originated in?!?!  If it works this way then so be it!

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
inchul.lee
in reply to: ampster401

Hi ampster,

Would you be able to upload the drawing file for review?

Thank you.

Inchul Lee
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ampster401

AECTOACAD does what it's name implies: it explodes AEC content to AutoCAD objects. Problem solved.
Most likely all the other users had the required Object Enablers for that object installed, this user did not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost