6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1281 Views, 6 Replies

unknown command saveas

AutoCAD 2012 SP2 64BIT

Windows 7 Professional 64BIT

User had issue with message dialog "This application does not support LW Ploylines. The setting 'PLINETYPE' will be changed to '0' and the current drawing session will be discarded. AutoCAD must be shutdown and restarted."

Several issues came along with this including:
Constant restarting of AutoCAD
Could not save drawings

Completely uninstalled AutoCAD and removed registry entries and remaining folders not removed by uninstaller.
Installed AutoCAD and the LW Polylines error is gone but user cannot perform Save As...

Error: UNKNOWN command SAVEAS

I cannot find related topics online, any suggestions greatly appreciated, thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

I would suggest posting in the AutoCAD Plant forum for product specific help.

Try Reset Settings to Default.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Thank you MarySeufert. We do not use AutoCAD Plant, but if you think it would help I can post there as well. This issue occurs immediately after fresh install of AutoCAD 2012, resetting to default did not help.

I tried using ALIASEDIT to create a shortcut and the SAVEAS command is listed as an AutoCAD command. I set Alias = SAVEMEAS, AutoCAD Command = SAVEAS. When typing in SAVEMEAS the "unknown commad SAVEAS" is displayed.

Message 4 of 7
MarySeufert

@Anonymous wrote:

...We do not use AutoCAD Plant...

Strange that your OP error image says AutoPlant in the header, thats what led me to think it could be a different product...

Did you follow the steps listed in the Knowledge Base Uninstall Reinstall Procedures?

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

We use Bentley AutoPlant, that is where the message title came from, the issue first popped up with AutoPlant loaded (when I captured the screenshot) and persisted when launching AutoCAD stand alone.

I did follow the procedures for Autodesk recommened uninstall / reinstall process..

Message 6 of 7
jggerth

AutoPlant is a different product from Autodesk AutoCAD Plant, and it's from a different vendor completely.  From Bentley as it happens.,

So the error is an AutoPlant error, and teh best place to ask about it is probably going to be at the Bentley brothers web site.

Message 7 of 7
MarySeufert

@Anonymous wrote:

...the issue first popped up with AutoPlant loaded (when I captured the screenshot) and persisted when launching AutoCAD stand alone.

Sounds like you know what is causing the problem! Even though you are loading AutoCAD standalone, the tentacles of AutoPlant are in it. Look at the profile you are using and make sure it is clean of any Support File search paths that reference AutoPlant. And check on their support side as JGerth suggests.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost