Did you mean: 

text has disappeared from title pages in layouts autocad 2012 LT

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hughesy84
658 Views, 3 Replies

text has disappeared from title pages in layouts autocad 2012 LT

I've trawlled the forums to no avail, nothing mentions this specific problem - can any one shed some light ? - I have created a small sample dwg which contains no model space items and one layout with our companies usual title blocks.. 

Out of the blue the text on all my hundreds of layouts decided to dissapear making the whole idea of issueing revisions impossoble !

When you click into edit the data input boxes, all the relivent text is there ,and when you close the box it does not desplay anymore...

purged  / audited / wblocked / checked all layers on not frozen / hidden  / plottable / not freeze in new viewport etc. etc. etc. what is goin on ?!

I can copy a layout into another drawing and it works fine, it also takes with it hundreds of random linetypes, ( which I have tried to purge with altering DNG. exensions only to mess up all together ! - Are the two related ? Where did they come from..

I use sketchup and import loads of data regually, but this has never been a problem in the past - also had recent problems with block definition names ignored as duplicated...

please take a look at the sample file and let me know the solution if there is one (primarily to the first problem of text - -as i have a lot of work to re-issue and I dont want to copy the whole model space over to new and re-setup hundreds of layouts only for it to happen again !

Cheers Alan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: hughesy84

Use the command ATTDISP , On

Message 3 of 4
hughesy84
in reply to: Patchy

three words:

I love you !

sounds simple - but if you don't know, you go crazy trying to find out !

Is there an on-screen shortuct for that / keyboard combination ? as I doubt I would have accidently typed  ATTDIS (the minimum you need to activate that specific command by autocomplete).. and then hit 0 or off...

How does / why do these things happen ?!! lol

thank good ness for these forums, and thank you for your quick assistance Patchy, all is well again in my digital world :o)

Oh,, any ideas on the seperate issue of random weird linetypes ?! (not really as pressing as I can ignore them - whereas I couldn't ignore missing paperspace text!)

Cheers,

Alan

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: hughesy84

You need to upgrade to LT2015 to eliminate the random DGN linetypes issue with its newer/better PURGE command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost