Did you mean: 

text around a circle

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Cassidy243
4461 Views, 8 Replies

text around a circle

i have autocad 2011 and i am trying to put mtext around a cirle. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Cassidy243

Are you familiar with the arc aligned text tool?

A search should turn up some examples.

Do you have Express Tools installed?

This is screen shot from later release, but this tool has been around for as long as I can remember.

Express Tools.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Kent1Cooper

I was also going to suggest arc-aligned text, but bear in mind that it doesn't make Mtext, nor even ordinary Text, but rather its own entity type.  I'm not sure what Mtext around a Circle would be like....

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Kent, it would look like this:

http://lee-mac.com/slinkytext.html

Message 5 of 9
doni49
in reply to: Patchy

@Lee_Mac  has got some real skills!  That's impressive!  🙂

Hmmm.  While EXTREMELY impressive, that's not mtext.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 9
Cassidy243

thank you that help alot

Message 7 of 9
Lee_Mac
in reply to: Patchy

Patchy wrote:

Kent, it would look like this:

http://lee-mac.com/slinkytext.html

Many thanks for the recommendation Patchy, I appreciate it.

doni49 wrote:

@Lee_Mac  has got some real skills!  That's impressive!  🙂

Hmmm.  While EXTREMELY impressive, that's not mtext.

Thank you Doni Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, as you have noted, the result of my program is not MText, as it is not possible to curve an MText object; as far as I'm aware, curved text can only be achieved by either using ObjectARX to create a custom object (as per the Arc Aligned Text command), or by splitting the text into individual characters, as demonstrated by my program.

Although not an ideal solution, I would say that my program has a few advantages over the Arc Aligned Text command in that since only single-line text is used, compatibility with all versions of AutoCAD is ensured, and the program is also compatible with all types of curves (not just arcs & circles).

Cassidy243 wrote:

thank you that help alot

You're most welcome Cassidy, I'm glad you find it useful Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
doni49
in reply to: Lee_Mac

Lee,

I completely understood WHY it wasn't MTEXT but since the previous message seemed to imply that it WAS, I wanted to make sure the OP was clear on that.  Regardless of MTEXT or not, it's still beyond impressive.  I've always considered myself to be fairly proficient with autolisp.  But I've been reading through your routines and some of them (this one included) just blow me away.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 9 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: Lee_Mac

Lee_Mac wrote:

Although not an ideal solution, I would say that my program has a few advantages over the Arc Aligned Text command in that since only single-line text is used, compatibility with all versions of AutoCAD is ensured, and the program is also compatible with all types of curves (not just arcs & circles).

You have got something there. Are you interested in suggestions from a daily user? Or is your plan to let it be? :-)

Thanks.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost