Did you mean: 

text alignment/justification - formatting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
819 Views, 2 Replies

text alignment/justification - formatting

Hi,

I am having an issue with respect to the Text justification/alignment (formatting options) in AutoCAD files.Each time I send Acad drawings to the client, the justification for the text changes when the file has been opened from their end. In order to rectify this issue, I changed the text alignment & justification with respect to left & right accordingly to the leader line format, but this problem still persists at their end. They are using a lower version of AutoCAD - 2007 version and I am using 2012 version. Does it have something to do with the differences in the cad versions, as I save as in 2007 format finally & then send? I also tried to solve this by reducing the space in the text editor as well, but did not help much.

Thank You

Upasana

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

Expect to see version incompatabilities when saving down to a lower version.  autodesj has never made it easy or straightforward to work between different version, even those that have the same dwg file format.

You can try using eTransmit, and uncheck the option for visual fidelity, but no guarantees that it will help.  You could explode all MLeaders,before saving down, but that's pretty ugly.

either way, after saving to the lower format, you need a different way to view the results -- opeing in 2012 will probably _look_ okay even if it doesn't in 2007.  You can try the free Draftsight program to check your output files,

Message 3 of 3
User_2011
in reply to: Anonymous

Enter new value for TEXTALIGNMODE <9>:

this is 9 by default, probably your client has it 9 and you changed it, this is saved in registry

good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost