AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

polymk
Message 1 of 13 (482 Views)
Accepted Solution

selection filter

482 Views, 12 Replies
02-08-2012 07:14 AM

Hi,

I converted a drawing in pdf format into dxf. I'm using Autocad 2012 to edit the file. The dxf conversion is good, but of course there is no difference between the diffent kind of lines.

I would like to select all lines which have an orientation of 30° with the horizontal and put them into a new layer. Is there a way to do that ? I though about using a filter.

Then I will edit the properties oh those lines (color, thickness, type....).

Thank you for your help.

PM

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 13 (481 Views)

Re: selection filter

02-08-2012 07:20 AM in reply to: polymk

It works here

polymk
Message 3 of 13 (467 Views)

02-08-2012 07:54 AM in reply to: Patchy

Hi Patchy,

thank you very much for your quick answer.

I tried but it works only with the lines I created after conversion. I mean that It doesn't work with the lines I didn't create with Autocad.

In fact, it works with the lines I edited. For instance I used the Trim function on lines. With those ones it works, but not with the other ones.

I tried to activate different layers, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Anyway thank you for the help. And if you have anymore ideas.

MP

PS : I'm very new with Autocad.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 4 of 13 (463 Views)

02-08-2012 07:58 AM in reply to: polymk

You can attach part of your drawing that has this problem here, maybe someone has a fix for it.

Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 5 of 13 (455 Views)

02-08-2012 08:34 AM in reply to: polymk

There may be something fishy with the converted pdf entities. Are they LINES or POLYLINES?

Pick on a line, look at it's properties. Is it a LINE, what it it's angle?

The angle might be 210 rather than 30....

If they are polylines, you can explode everything to turn them into LINES, then the filter in the QSELECT should work.

Other than QSELECT there is a command called FILTER that is similar, but more powerful.

Give that a whirl.

I agree with another post, you may wblock out a portion of your drawing and post it here.
Lots of us are eager for a challenge such as this.

Lyle

polymk
Message 6 of 13 (447 Views)

02-08-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: hardin

Hi,

indeed I was looking in that direction : they are Polyline.

How can I explode them ?

I tried :

qselect : line / angle > 30

nothing selected

qselect : polyline / color = white

nothing selected

qselect : plyline / color not equal yellow

everything selected

I attached a block and a part of the drawing.

Thank you for your help ! And don't worry I'm sure to find other little challenges.

Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 7 of 13 (443 Views)

02-08-2012 09:05 AM in reply to: polymk

With the FILTER command, you can actually select an object to include in the selection set.

You can try to pick an object, > right click > Select Similar to find all similar objects.

Just use the EXPLODE command and select everything. Type ALL when prompted to select objects, or just cross through everything. EXPLODing polylines will turn them into LINEs.

polymk
Message 8 of 13 (432 Views)

02-09-2012 02:31 AM in reply to: hardin

Thanks for your sugestions.

I exploded all polylines. I have now lines. When U QSELECT lines with a choosen angle (for instance 30° or 45°) it doesn't selct all the lines it is supposed to.

I tried to select all the lines with an angle greater the 44.9°

then I tried to exclude from the selection all the line with an angle greater than 45.1°

edit : Is there a way to select 45° modulo Pi (45°+n.180°) ?

edit #2 : I tried QSELECT / LINE / ANGLE / GREATER THAN 1000° : many more lines are selected. So the module 180° function will help !

It doesn't choose many lines.

I tried the FILTER command, but I don't find the angle criteria. I chose a specific line, trying to take only the properties I want but without success...

Any ideas ?

Thanks again to all of you.

PM

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 9 of 13 (416 Views)

02-09-2012 05:47 AM in reply to: polymk

post a sample of your file

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 10 of 13 (409 Views)

02-09-2012 07:13 AM in reply to: polymk

I looked at your newblock.dwg. Yep, everything is a polyline. I exploded them and looked at a few.

Some are 45 or 46 degrees. Others are going the other way at 225 degrees.

You will also want to increase the prececion in your UNITS so the decimal degrees runs out to more decimals.

What may list now as 225 degrees may really be 225.35586983 degrees.

Depending on the size of the drawing, if all you're wanting to do is select the 'hatching', then use the SELECT command and choose F for Fence or maybe CP for Crossing Polygon to make your selection. It should go quicker than you might think. Once things are selected you can erase, move them, change layers, or whatever by issuing the ERASE or MOVE command, then P for Previous or use the Properties Manager to change layers.

Or, simply use the MOVE command from the start and just MOVE things (again using the Fence selection method) 100' to the right. Then you can do with them what you want while they are separated from the rest of the drawing. If you want to keep them, change their layer and move them back to the left 100', back to where they were.

Just some ideas without really knowing what you're wanting to do....

Lyle.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube