" inches and ' foot key stroke result in error message

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
StephenHeard
608 Views, 5 Replies

" inches and ' foot key stroke result in error message

Example:

When I type in 12', line command box reads, Command: 12e

Unknow command "12e".  Press F1 for help.

When I type in 12", line command box reads, Command: 12E

Unknown command "12E".  Press F1 for help.   ( Pressing F1 for help does nothing.)

I am using a Mac with the 2011 AutoCAD program.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth1
in reply to: StephenHeard

uhm,, why are you typing 12' at the command line?  it's not an OOTB AutoCAD command.

What were you wexpecting the software to do???

Message 3 of 6
StephenHeard
in reply to: jggerth1

I'm not typing in the command line.  While in the drawing, i use the line tool.  I start the line in the drawing and then enter the length with the key function.  (ex. 12' for 12 feet).

The command field displays my keyed entry of "12'" as "12e", then gives the error response.

Message 4 of 6
jggerth1

You may need to post in the AutoCAD for Mac forum.... but are you running with dynamic input turned on or off?

How about Polar?

Message 5 of 6
HullDrafter

I would suggest you check your units variable.

When I ran my line command, to insert a 12 foot line, my original setting of decimal units didn't understand what I wanted. When I changed units to Architectural, 12' works fine. If you are doing a line command, your command line should be different. I included a PDF of what mine looked like.

Message 6 of 6
StephenHeard

Thanks for all the responses.  I fixed the problem by going into work space settings.  I found that 3D basics, 3D modeling, 2D drafting, and AutoCAD classic were all checked.  I unchecked everything but classic and this fixed the problem.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost