AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

ljespers
Message 1 of 12 (3,309 Views)
Accepted Solution

"Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7® stopped

3309 Views, 11 Replies
03-26-2012 03:56 AM

Hi i just bought a new laptop : asus k53SV with i7 processor and a 2gb nvidia gt540m graphics card. When i use a simple command in autocad like "copy" the screen goes black and i get this error: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7® stopped responding and has successfully recovered". Now the problem is that autocad doesnt switch to the nvidia graphics card but just uses the intergrated intel accelerator. I updated all my drivers and also changed in the nvidia controll pannel that autocad should use the nvidia card. Still this doesnt work. Does someone have a solution for this, i really could use some help. (buying new laptop and not being able to work on it)

thanks to everyone that took te time to read and maybe help!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 12 (3,302 Views)

Re: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7® stopp

03-26-2012 04:00 AM in reply to: ljespers

Hi,

just a thought: have you looked into your BIOS-settings (when computer starts) if there is an option to change the default gc?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 3 of 12 (3,304 Views)

03-26-2012 04:12 AM in reply to: ljespers

I have the same basic setup, laptop, cpu, and video driver, but not the problems with AutoCAD.  Just a thought:  if you click on the Intel (R) HD Graphics link in your applications tray and look at it, are you running the Basic Application Mode or one of the Advanced ones?  I'm running the Basic mode and AutoCAD 2012 with no issues.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
ljespers
Message 4 of 12 (3,302 Views)

03-26-2012 04:22 AM in reply to: heinsite

yeah im working from basic too. But still having problems.. I am looking at the 3d config in autocad and it says my drivers are not certified. ill attach the 3d config log. Hope someone has a solution.

thanks for the replies!

ljespers
Message 5 of 12 (3,297 Views)

03-26-2012 04:25 AM in reply to: ljespers

i also found this discussion on the internet that seems helpfull. but still cant get the solution out of it. there's a guy talking about turning of the Aero but dont know how to do it

http://communities.intel.com/thread/22260

*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 6 of 12 (3,278 Views)

03-26-2012 07:40 AM in reply to: ljespers

ljespers wrote:

i also found this discussion on the internet that seems helpfull. but still cant get the solution out of it. there's a guy talking about turning of the Aero but dont know how to do it

http://communities.intel.com/thread/22260

Assumption:  Win 7

Right click the desktop ... select Personalize .... select Windows Classic mode.  All should be well again.

You may also want to mess with the Hardware Acceleration selection.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

ljespers
Message 7 of 12 (3,261 Views)

03-26-2012 08:41 AM in reply to: drjohn

really cant understand this, but turning screen setting to basic worked! thanks allot u helped allot with this.

and thanks to everyone else ofcourse

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 8 of 12 (3,253 Views)

03-26-2012 09:52 AM in reply to: ljespers

Hi,

fine you got one solution! However I would think of the following problem: you have a (faster) nVidia gc, but you are running your AutoCAD on the slow Intel gc (it's the Intel board/driver telling you that you have problems).

I would check how to activate the nVidia gc (at least in AutoCAD) or you have payed money for something you are not using now.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
ljespers
Message 9 of 12 (3,251 Views)

03-26-2012 10:01 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

yeah i know. but im not sure now on which card its working now. i also set it in the nvidia config that autocad should use it. the 3dconfig file stays the same in autocad.  if i change it back to the asus template instead of tne basic ( ur solution) it fails again. but thanks it works for now. lets hope autodesk will update it soon cause i think ans the asus guy (from helpdesk ) thats its in acad that it can't work with 2 cards good.

*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 10 of 12 (3,231 Views)

03-26-2012 11:42 AM in reply to: ljespers

I have both an ASUS  and an intel on-board HD graphics.  To make sure I use the Nvidia card I go into BIOS and set the system to use that card and disable the Intel on-board graphics.

Regards,

DJ

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube