AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

j.dstasio
Message 1 of 6 (354 Views)

opening .dwgs starts IE help page every time?

354 Views, 5 Replies
01-18-2012 07:28 AM

Looking for some help please.

I am using AutoCAD 2011 and everytime I open a saved .dwg file, Internet Explorer starts up and the AUtodesk help page loads. I can't figure out why this started or how to fix it. I assume there is an option somewhere?

I open probably 40 differnt drawings a day and this is really getting annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (351 Views)

Re: opening .dwgs starts IE help page every time?

01-18-2012 07:40 AM in reply to: j.dstasio

Did you recently open a DWG file from a website? Open then QSAVE then CLOSE about 10 or so DWG files and see if AutoCAD can "forget" the website file location.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
j.dstasio
Message 3 of 6 (321 Views)

01-19-2012 06:02 AM in reply to: j.dstasio

I have downloaded .dwgs from the web, I get them sent to me via dropbox links. It's been several months since the last one & this issue just started last week. Yesterday, there was no change. I was opening/saving .dwgs from a network drive and my local hard drive all day & no change.

Distinguished Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (319 Views)

01-19-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: j.dstasio

easiest method i found (when you know the drawing is your own and you think it's pretty clean - i.e. it's NOT from another person or firm) is to just copy all the objects (you can SELECT, ALL) and then paste to a new, blank dwg file.

also you can wrack your brain... :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 6 (314 Views)

01-19-2012 07:49 AM in reply to: j.dstasio

That's essentially what I'm doing. I have a huge database of wiring diagrams saved and when creating a new set of drawings I open one of my saved drawings to copy/ paste & everytime I open a new .dwg file IE pops up and loads the Autodesk help page. In a typical day I open dozens of drawings (all of which are my own) in a day and constantly having to switch windows to close IE is a huge pain. This just started all of a sudden last week.

So, this isn't looking like some sort of setting someplace in AutoCAD that just got turned on inadvertently?

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 6 of 6 (310 Views)

01-19-2012 08:08 AM in reply to: j.dstasio

I see this behavior sometimes with problems in customized start-up sequences, typically a (command...) call has an extra double quote "" in an argument or the process doesn't take into account the command failing or using unexpected options.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube