AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

crash
Message 11 of 15 (560 Views)

Re: objects move by just click and drag?

09-09-2010 11:31 AM in reply to: cadamantium

I agree that this functionality is dangerous - it is too easy to accidentally click and move something when a COMMAND should be needed to do so.  This has been a constant source of irritation for me for the last couple of versions of ACAD, and I really want to be able to TURN IT OFF.  AutoCAD is a precision instrument, much UNLIKE all those other windows programs that function this way - and I should be able to count on it to only register my deliberate and purposeful actions.

*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 12 of 15 (552 Views)

09-09-2010 05:29 PM in reply to: crash

It's the same since at least version 2006 (could be earlier but I don't have any older versions).  By the way, if you don't press the left mouse button while moving the cursor then no problem.  If you still have problem then your mouse button maybe sticky.

Contributor
jtomkinson
Message 13 of 15 (388 Views)

03-31-2011 06:15 PM in reply to: ToanDN

This has been increasingly frustrating.
A laggy Autocad can change a quick double click (to edit an attribute) into moving a block.
Very very frustrating.

Isn't there anyone out there with anything more usefull than "don't move your mouse"?

Contributor
4HisPraise
Message 14 of 15 (208 Views)

02-04-2013 06:31 AM in reply to: jtomkinson

I am having trouble in th move command also...I window a set of objects and when I go to click the base point...it disappears into outer space.  I have to hit undo to find it several times before I can move it correctly.   Any help out there?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 15 of 15 (199 Views)

02-04-2013 11:10 AM in reply to: 4HisPraise

Start a new thread please: your issue is not related to this discussion.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube