AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

blake.bryant
Message 1 of 3 (498 Views)
Accepted Solution

literal dim lines in xref drawings

498 Views, 2 Replies
01-18-2013 05:48 AM

Hey everyone! First time post. 

I don't want to be the guy that doesn't check the past discussions for answers before posting a question, but I couldn't get the search engine to search what I am really asking.

So, I am working off a site drawing of an 80,000 sq ft production plant that was drawn by some old school drafters using probably AC 14.  Most of the departments are drawn in xrefs.  However, probably 10+ people worked on this project of mapping the plant so nothing is the same.  I cannot describe the frustration of inconsistencies of this drawing.  Alas, my question: some of my xrefs are shown in literal dim lines, what is going on?  When you go to the original xref, the lines are as bright as they always are.  When the xref is in the main drawing, the lines are dimmer than everything else.  Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Blake

Distinguished Mentor
steve216586
Message 2 of 3 (486 Views)

Re: literal dim lines in xref drawings

01-18-2013 08:07 AM in reply to: blake.bryant

Check the variable XDWGFADECTL:

Controls the dimming for all DWG xref objects. The valid XDWGFADECTL system variable value is between -90 and 90.

0 DWG xref objects are not faded. >0 When the value is positive, controls the percent of fading up to 90 percent. <0 When the value is negative, xref objects are not faded, but the value is saved for switching to that value by changing the sign.

borges33
Message 3 of 3 (347 Views)

Re: literal dim lines in xref drawings

02-07-2013 11:31 PM in reply to: blake.bryant

Here's a alternate solution to XREF dim.: 

Tools >Options > Display...On the bottom right side there is Fade Control Xref Display Adjuster,

play with this and you will find your desired effect

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube