AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
jz4all
Message 1 of 6 (783 Views)

keyboard commands don't work?

783 Views, 5 Replies
01-10-2012 07:12 AM

Hi
after starting  AutoCAD I tried to use the keyboard commands but they didn't work.
I checked the commands by (command: alisaedit).But there is nothing changed. In the OPTIONS, my profile is the same.
what happed and how can I solve this?

thankyou

Jaf

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 2 of 6 (777 Views)

Re: keyboard commands don't work?

01-10-2012 07:29 AM in reply to: jz4all

so lets clarify.  what happens when you type LINE at the command prompt?

jz4all
Message 3 of 6 (721 Views)

01-10-2012 11:27 PM in reply to: jz4all

hi,
 For instance when I write C for (circle) I don't get what I want and also no error. the same with Op (options) ..etc.
L for (line) it works. But that is only very exeptional commands that are not working. Aliases are not changed, they are still the same.
thanks for your responce.

Jaf

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 6 (706 Views)

01-11-2012 10:52 AM in reply to: jz4all

>>>... I write C for (circle) I don't get what I want and also no error...<<<

SSSOOOOO, what do you get when you type C? and OP?

At the commandline, type the following exactly as shows:

(startapp "notepad" (findfile "acad.pgp"))

This will open the AutoCAD PGP file being used with your abbreviations in it: Starting at the bottom of the list (this is important) go up the list until you see C and OP and find out what they are set to do. Are they what you want? If they are set to COPY and OPTIONS as you want them, then you have a LISP loaded (or an add-on from somewhere) that redefined your C and OP.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
jz4all
Message 5 of 6 (678 Views)

01-12-2012 11:32 PM in reply to: jz4all

Hi,

What easier is to type in the command line (aliasedit) to get the abbreviations list. And I saw it. nothing chaned on the list. For instace, C for circle , Op for options , Pl polyline...etc. Mij profile in OPTIONS is not changed. For that reason I cann't understand what happend.
thanks

Jaf

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 6 of 6 (669 Views)

01-13-2012 05:55 AM in reply to: jz4all

That may be eaasier, but it doesn't answer the question you were asked..  Are we certain that you're looking at the same file acad is? 

Second - realize that the PGP aliases are the _last_ thing Acad looks at when interpreting input as a command.  Your aliases can be defined in any number of .LSP or .MNL files, and will never make it to the PGP.

for example, you acaddoc.lsp could define a C command that does nothing, or erases the last entity drawn, or does soemthing else entirely..

(Defun C:C () (entdel (entlast))(princ))

runs with no obvious action, no prompts or alerts.  unless you notice that the last thing was removed from the draing, it looks like nothing happened.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube