Did you mean: 

jerky pickbox in only one drawing

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
rewis
646 Views, 30 Replies

jerky pickbox in only one drawing

I have read everything I can find in the search results and tried a lot of suggestions but my issue is a jerky pickbox in only one drawing file and it just started after working in this file for a month or so. All other files are fine. Everything I have found relates to the problem in all files and not just one. Is there anything that is in this particular file that would cause this?

It's to the point that the file is useless and over a month of work is lost. I've tried copy/paste into a new file for the lack of knowing anything else to do.

I really need to salvage this file. I make frequent copies of all files as I progress with them and unfortunately I copied this file just before the issue arose and that copy file is also contaminated. I've learned now that you can backup files too often!

Anyone have a suggestion? Please.

Thanks,

Russell

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
pendean
in reply to: rewis

SNAP (F9 key) got toggled on by chance?
Message 3 of 31
rewis
in reply to: pendean

No, but it is similar to snap but far more erratic than snap and it is only in one particular file. All other files are fine.

Message 4 of 31
rewis

Thanks Dean for the reply but don't stop now!

Message 5 of 31
nestly2

Have you tried using WBLOCK to export the objects in the current drawing into a "clean" drawing.

Message 6 of 31
rewis
in reply to: nestly2

Yes Nestly, very many times through the night and that corrects the problem.........except when I close the drawing and reopen it the problem is back.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Russell

Message 7 of 31
doni49

Can you post your file?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 31
rewis
in reply to: doni49

Sorry for the delay in responding. Out of Pocket all day. The file is 3,500 KBs and it will not go.

Thanks,

Russell

Message 9 of 31
rewis

One additional symptom. I can start a fresh file and copy/paste the problem drawing into it and all is fine...until I close the file and re-open it and then it's back to being jerky again.

Thanks,

Russell

Message 10 of 31
doni49

Save the file to a different location. The on the copy, run purgeall command (repeat until there's nothing left to purge). Then if need be, zip the file.

The purge will make the file smaller. The zip will also be smaller yet. AND I think the site permits zip files larger than the dwg files it permits.

You should be able to post after that.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 11 of 31
rewis

That is purged and zipped. The zip file is 3.42MB.

Thanks,

Russell

Message 12 of 31
doni49

Can you post it under a Dropbox folder and share the link?

Don Ireland

Message 13 of 31
doni49

One more suggestion..........

In the copy of your file, delete everything but don't do a purge. Does it still do this?

Don Ireland

Message 14 of 31
rewis

Well, I'm about to reveal even more of my ignorance. Do not know how to post via dropbox.

Message 15 of 31
rewis

By deleting everything the problem goes away.

Message 16 of 31
doni49

Www.dropbox.Com

Sign up. Create a folder. Select the folder and you'll see an icon on the right that looks like a chain link. That will allow you to get a link to that folder.

Paste that link here after uploading the file to that folder.

Don Ireland

Message 17 of 31
rewis
Message 18 of 31
doni49

I'm glad to see that you were able to get it posted.  I'm off for the weekend.  I'll try it Monday morning.

Don Ireland

Message 19 of 31
doni49

I think you tried to provide a link to the file but you didn't share the file.

Don Ireland

Message 20 of 31
rewis

Well, I'll go over the tutorial once again and give it another try. Hopefully you'll have it Monday. At 66 things don't come easy anymore!

Thanks,

Russell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost