AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

philipelms
Message 1 of 3 (1,771 Views)

how to change default install directory

1771 Views, 2 Replies
04-14-2010 06:44 AM
When trying to install autocad 2010 civil 3D, I cannot get past the initial select products to install page without getting a bunch of errors as detailed below:

Error 1327. Invalid Drive C:\

Then;

Fatal error during installation.
#7560: failed to run AdskExecuteSequence

and finally;

Failed to initialise AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010

This is because when I installed windows, it assigned the letter H to the system drive (where Windows is installed) and as a result, there is no C drive in the system.

This has not been an issue for any programs installed to date, but is causing me grief when trying to install AutoCAD Civil 3D. 2010

Does anyone have any suggestions/way of changing the autocad code or settings around so that it will install to the H drive (or I can decide where it should install)?

Thanks in advance. Edited by: philipelms on Apr 14, 2010 1:46 PM
Alumni
Kathleen_McCann
Message 2 of 3 (1,771 Views)

Re: how to change default install directory

04-14-2010 10:23 AM in reply to: philipelms
Hello Philipelms,
I understand when you try to install AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010, you receive an error messages, "Error 1327. Invalid C:\", "Fatal error during installation. #7560: failed to run AdskExecuteSequence", and "Failed to initialise AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010", and are unable to get beyond the initial selection of products to install . As well, when you installed windows, the drive assignment became 'H' instead of 'C'.
The following link is support information to change the drive letter assignment for Windows XP. If you're on a different Operating System (O/S), you may want to perform a search on Microsoft's site to find that particular information.
Microsoft Support - How to change the driver letter assignment in Windows XP
One test to try is to create a folder in the 'H' drive and copy the C3D files from the DVD to this folder; proceed to install from the folder.
Try changing the drive assignment first before installing from the DVD, if that does not work try the other test to copy the data from the DVD to the 'H' drive.
Please let me know if this information helps resolve the installation issue.
Best Regards,
Kathleen McCann
Autodesk Product Support
tpnovais
Message 3 of 3 (435 Views)

Re: how to change default install directory

03-17-2013 05:00 PM in reply to: Kathleen_McCann

I had that problem too!

The resolution that I found was create an partition on the disk named c: and then run the setup.

the partition does not need to be too big, I used 2gb

Hope this could help anyone.

Good work ! :smileywink:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube