AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

makatski
Message 1 of 3 (138 Views)

here's a doozy - tool palette

138 Views, 2 Replies
07-06-2012 04:04 PM

my computer had a mal-attack and now my block palette doesnt work.

what's happening: im clicking on several different blocks to drag onto my drawing but it keeps selecting the same block over and over. example: i'm dragging a rack elevation and it brings a room number attribute block. or if im trying to drag a specific door, it again brings up the room number attribute block. 

i even checked each block and its path. it connects to where it is located. is there a hidden file somewhere that needs to be fixed, like a primary pathway that is overriding the correct one?

thank you.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: here's a doozy - tool palette

07-08-2012 07:21 AM in reply to: makatski

makatski wrote:

my computer had a mal-attack and now my block palette doesnt work. 

thank you.

Have you run a repair or reinstall of AutoCAD?

Sounds like something is corrupt due to the "mal-attack"

Mentor
rapidcad
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)

Re: here's a doozy - tool palette

07-09-2012 11:16 AM in reply to: makatski

If you back up your support folder, you might try just copying the files for the toolpalettes themselves. They are typically under the following folder structure:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\R18.1\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes

I usually make a copy of the Support folder before I make changes, and a backup once I have everything just right so I can get things like this back in order if something happens.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Ronald A. Powell
CAD Developer/Operator
TGW Systems Inc.
Spring Lake, MI

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube