AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

hughesy84
Message 1 of 2 (129 Views)

grey lines flick white when working in a large dwg / cutting & pasting as block.

129 Views, 1 Replies
05-04-2012 03:37 AM

Hi, anyone else have this problem?

when I am working on a large drawing and/or pasting as a block, all the grey lines (colour 8) turn to white. When I select a grey line, it flicks back to grey, but de-select, and it's white again.

If I toggle on hardware acceleration, the problem is fixed for a short while, and also if I turn it off, it is fixed for a short while, and also if I save, close and re-open it's good untill I paste a block....

I suspect it may be because of my setup and an un tested graphics card:

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate - running through bootcamp on a macbook pro

Autocad 2012 Lt

Machine Configuration
---------------------
Processor Speed : 2.2 GHz
RAM : 8103 MB

3D Device
---------
Name : AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Manufacturer : AMD
Chip set : Radeon HD 6750M
Memory : 707 MB
Driver : 8.17.0010.1063

Your machine contains a 3D Device that is not certified.

Any Ideas? See attachment image

Also, there are two other computers in the office with identical setups, and I've never heard them complaning about this issue...

Is it just the way I do things?!

Cheers

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: grey lines flick white when working in a large dwg / cutting & pasting a

05-04-2012 05:10 AM in reply to: hughesy84

There are issues with Windows, vid card drivers, and MAC laptop hardware: toggling hardware acceleration is forcing your vid card to react when it normally does not. AFAIK there is no fix, your 'large' file is puching your hardware too hard.

If you haven't done it yet, see if there are updated (or sometimes downgraded) drivers for your vid card: also consider knocking down it's settings in Windows, for example from full 32bit color down to 16 bit or lower, turn off WIn7's Aero theme and other things to lighten the load on it.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube