AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Pixe656
Message 1 of 8 (377 Views)
Accepted Solution

exporting section-perimeter data-points to text file

377 Views, 7 Replies
10-06-2011 03:41 AM

Hi, I am completely new to the forum and to Autocad. I am using version 2011.

I am working with irregular solids and after I SECTION them, I would like to export to a text file the data points that make up the perimeter of the sections. I have tried googling for a way to do it but couldn't find any helpful information.

Could anyone give me a pointer in the right direction?

Ideally, I would like to do it from the command line, but that's a secondary goal, first of all I would like to know how to do it.

Thank you.

Pixe656

PD: I posted this same message in athoner forum and got no reply at all. Is what I am trying to do even possible?

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 8 (372 Views)

Re: exporting section-perimeter data-points to text file

10-06-2011 04:44 AM in reply to: Pixe656

Possible, if we can see the parts.

Flatshot or use explode the 3d, run thru couple lisps and extract the points.

Pixe656
Message 3 of 8 (340 Views)

10-07-2011 04:26 AM in reply to: Patchy

Thank you for the information.

I tried Exploding the sections and "nothing" happened (I noticed no difference, I mean). Maybe I have to make a correction to my first post because I didn't mention the objects I am working with (the sections of an irregular solid) are "Region"s. Does that make any difference?

Using flatshot I got the perimeters, all piled on the same plane (OXY), and composed of "line"s. Then, using dataextraction I manaed to create a file with the XYZ coordinates. This is already good enough for me because I am not going to repeat this operation very often, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. Since the flatshot unites all the perimeters onto one plane, in order to have the information of each section independently, I have to flatshot them one by one, and then correct the Z value of each section (which faltshot makes equal to zero).

I am sure all that can be avoided using LISP but I have no experience at all with it, so...

Thank you again for your help.

Pixe

*Expert Elite*
azrdgldr
Message 4 of 8 (332 Views)

10-07-2011 06:18 AM in reply to: Pixe656

Post your ? in the Lisp/Vlisp forum.  You may find what you are looking for there.

Pixe656
Message 5 of 8 (329 Views)

10-07-2011 06:30 AM in reply to: azrdgldr

Thank you for your suggestion.

Just one comment: "Respect is EARNED, and NOT automatically given"

I disagree, one must be respectful to everyone. If you mean I can't just get everything I want from the members of the forum without making any effort, then sure, I agree. If you mean because I am new to the forum I deserve less respect than other members ...

Thank you again, 

Julen

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 6 of 8 (321 Views)

10-07-2011 06:47 AM in reply to: Pixe656

That's his Signature, it doesn't mean he has anything against you personally. 

Just ignore it.

*Expert Elite*
azrdgldr
Message 7 of 8 (314 Views)

10-07-2011 07:10 AM in reply to: Pixe656

Respect is EARNED!!!!!!!!!!  What you are talking about is common courtesy, treat others as you would like to be treated.  You meet a guy on the streets, is he a child molester, criminal, politician or such?.  You going to respect him.  Not me.  I will treat him with common courtesy as I would treat anyone else.  I reserve my respect for veterans or soldiers who serve(d) to preserve my freedom and liberties.

This is a PHRASE and has no reference or intention to the people who post on these forums. 

Pixe656
Message 8 of 8 (310 Views)

10-07-2011 07:26 AM in reply to: azrdgldr

My motherl language is not English and I had the feeling the word "respect" has the meaning you are giving it plus the one I am giving it. Also, I understood your signature as part of your post because I see no difference between the format of the main body and the signature, so I had no way to know it is your signature.

Anyway, thank you for your help and suggestions.

Pixe

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube