Did you mean: 

export to pdf

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
idbretana
457 Views, 7 Replies

export to pdf

I normally do my traditional drawing with orhtographic views. in conjunction with this, I use flatshot to create the required drawings. but then when I export my drawing. I encoutered this annoying problem. my dimensions aare there but my flatshot drawing is not visible. please help. need to end this problem once and for all. I'm new to this export thing. so I dont have much exposure on this field.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
steve216586
in reply to: idbretana

It sounds like your flatshot block is in one plane and your dimensions are in another. While using flatshot you should bring the separate views into the same plane view, then you can dimension as normal all in one view.

I also think Export command uses the default view (top). Where if you plot to .pdf you can assign different views (front, side etc) through the use of viewports.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 8
idbretana
in reply to: steve216586

sir, i cannot perform flatshot in paper space as it is the only thing that will be exported. I created my flatshot. went to paper space. created a viewport and centered my flatshot. after a few set-up, I do a preview of my plot to my surprise, there goes my missing model.
Message 4 of 8
idbretana

and oh. about the views, i always made sure of the top view in my viewports.
Message 5 of 8
steve216586

Could the layer the model is on be turned off in the viewport? 

Message 6 of 8
idbretana

here. I attached a file for further clarification. by the way, the file inserted has the opposite problem. i dont know if this is a bug  or not.

Message 7 of 8
steve216586

Thanks for attaching the drawing. It is much easier to diagnose a problem.

The layer ADDITIONAL is set to "no plot" in the layer manager. If you click the icon to plot in the layer manager, it will export fine.

Message 8 of 8
idbretana

now i get it. thhank you for the help. I checked my other drawings and found the same settings. thank you once again. It helped me big time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost