AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
barry2104
Message 1 of 4 (4,425 Views)

ellipse segment to polyline

4425 Views, 3 Replies
01-20-2012 03:22 AM

I am using a well known lisp to join numerous elements together on a pre-existing drawing (incl arcs, lines, polylines). There are some ellipse segments (not entire ellipses) which form part of a series of segments which i want to join, but the lisp doesn't join the ellipse with the bordering elements (have checked that all have z=0 & join at the same x/y point)

is there an extra lisp out there that will convert ellipse SEGMENTS to polylines?

alternatively a lisp for joining various elements which also works for ellipse segments...

fyi, an example of the PLJOIN lisp that I use is here
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/pljoin-lisp/td-p/2612774

*Pro
ampster
Message 2 of 4 (4,413 Views)

Re: ellipse segment to polyline

01-20-2012 05:00 AM in reply to: barry2104

this may not help, but what was "pellipse" set to when the ellipse was created?

default is 0, but when it's set to 1, it will create a polyline representation of an ellipse.

However, there's one issue with it I am aware of, if you are designing dished heads for example, you have to have it set to 0 or it will not produce the correct profile of a dished head.

HTH

*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 3 of 4 (4,385 Views)

01-20-2012 10:41 AM in reply to: barry2104

Offset the ellipse segment to create a spline, delete the original ellipse, then offset the spline back the same distance.  Spline can become or join to a pline only if it is selected first.

Distinguished Contributor
barry2104
Message 4 of 4 (4,363 Views)

01-22-2012 10:59 PM in reply to: ToanDN

ToanDN wrote:

Offset the ellipse segment to create a spline, delete the original ellipse, then offset the spline back the same distance.  Spline can become or join to a pline only if it is selected first.

there's a lot of ellipse segments in this drawing so this process would be quite time consuming.

pellipse was/is set to 1.

I've managed to find a lisp or two out there, but they either don't work at all or they turn the ellipse segment into a closed/full elliptical polyline

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube