dwgprops from xref

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
knoetzl
653 Views, 7 Replies

dwgprops from xref

Hi,

I have question dedicated to dwgprops of dwgs which are attached (overlayed) as xref in "current drawing". What is the problem: In our drawings we use dwgprops (custom prop) as ground elevation (for example in custom prop. we use (name)GE (value)+6.16). And this value is feeded direct to model as field. Problem begings when this dwg is attached as xref in other drawing. There you can see only #### or value (must have same name GE) wich is filled in current drawing. Is there any way to force xref to use its dwgprops?

Jozef

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: knoetzl

Sorry I am trying to understand. Is the problem that you cannot see the 1st xref in the next drawing? If that is the case, change your attachment type to attachment and not overlay. If it is still an issue, could you send me the dwgprops so I could have a look at it? 

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 8
knoetzl
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Here is the sample what i need. Everything is explained inside drawing3.dwg. drawing1 and drawing2 are xrefs for drawing3

Thax for quick response

Message 4 of 8
pendean

So you are trying to access the DWGPROPS entries of XREFed files in your top file?
Message 5 of 8
knoetzl
in reply to: pendean

That is what i am looking for. Reason is very simple. Same custom name have in each level (drawing) different value. So when i copy entities with same custom name it gives me exact value what i am looking for.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Simple if you have this add-on (if I understood your need correctly):

http://www.dotsoft.com/tp13new.htm

The folks in the customization forum might be able to help you write a routine to extract this info while you wait here for others to dive in:

Customization Discussion area http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130

Message 7 of 8
knoetzl
in reply to: pendean

I was looking for solution and have some find out. When i set fieldeval to 0 in xrefed drawings. In current drawing i can see atributtes as i need. Only problem is to changing fieldeval from 31 to 0 and than back to 31 is annoying

Message 8 of 8
knoetzl

Now it´s solved. Just set fieldeval to 30

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost