AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

geckogroove
Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)

display settings help!

140 Views, 3 Replies
03-17-2013 02:54 PM

hey guys, i currently have 3 machines all running autocad 2010.

One Windows 8 machine

One Windows 7 Machine

One Windows xp Machine

When viewing the same drawing, i use my mouse wheel to zoom in two points and the text on the page becomes clear enough to read on both the xp computer and the windows 7 machine, but on the windows 8 machine its a completely unreadable, blurry mess. Is there any display settings that can cause this? THe windows xp machine is being replaced by the windows 8 machine so the monitor etc is identical although the picture quality is aweful in autocad

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (138 Views)

Re: display settings help!

03-17-2013 03:00 PM in reply to: geckogroove

Hi,

AutoCAD 2010 came out 4 years before Win8, so it isn't supported on Win8 (>>>click<<<).

>> but on the windows 8 machine its a completely unreadable, blurry mess

Can you upload a screenshot + the drawing you are currently testing so we can see what you don't like on your screen?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
geckogroove
Message 3 of 4 (132 Views)

03-17-2013 04:03 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

have attatched a photo, as you can see the text is very unclear, using the same drawing on the other two machines the text is readable, im guessing its just a simple setting that needs to be changed, the windows 8 machine has only recently been installed with autocad 2010

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (121 Views)

03-17-2013 07:08 PM in reply to: geckogroove

Hi,

sorry, as long as I don't have a comparision to that screenshot I only can say that this looks quite ok. There is nothing in a style that looks bad or unusual.

So either we need a screenshot of a good system with the same drawing/same zoom-settings to see the difference you see or upload the drawing.

What I also would check is: do all the fonts exist on the Win8 system that exists on the Win7/XP-workstations (including support paths, so the fonts can be found? Maybe the Win8 does not have a font the textstyles are referencing to and so a simple replacement font will be used by AutoCAD ... and that will look different.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube