Did you mean: 

dimension & multi line text issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
829 Views, 7 Replies

dimension & multi line text issue

For some reason when I am dimension my drawing, my dimension text is upside down, and also when I do a multi line text it turns it sideways. I check my dimension syle, and text style, and can't seem to figure out why in this particular file it is doing this. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the drawing in WCS (world coordinate system) or has a DVIEW+Twist been applied to the viewport?

If you are not sure, erase everything in the drawing except a few entities we might need to see, and SaveAs, and attach here.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but I did attach the file so you can take a look. We draw in model space.

Message 4 of 8
jggerth

Type UCSICON, and turn it on.  It's then obvious that the UCS has been rotated 90 degrees.

to fix it, type UCS, World.  the run the PLAN command, and set it to World.

Dimensions placed after that will be correctly oriented.

Message 5 of 8
rkmcswain

Yep...., what  said 🙂

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

Thank you so much. Do you know how that would have changed? Or is there a quick key that might have been pressed by accident?

Message 7 of 8
jggerth

good to know that solved your problem.

As far as how it got set that way---- there are lots of possibilities and ways to change the display orientation in model space.  I find it best to _always_ leave the UCSICON turned on and visible on screen, just to guarantee that if anything does go wonky, I'll be able to see that it changed and resolve it.

UCSICON ON

UCSICON NOORIGIN

cheers,

Message 8 of 8
drjohn

UCSFOLLOW may be an issue also.

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost