Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ctb files assigned to xrefs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KJack-Jack
1267 Views, 2 Replies

.ctb files assigned to xrefs

Is it possible to plot using a few different .ctb files?  For example can I assign one .ctb file to the landscape xref drawing and another .ctb file to the architectural xref drawing and a third .ctb file to the civil xref drawings? It has been very time consuming to coordinate all the separate drawings to use one .ctb file. There has to be an easier way. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Could we add this to a wish list?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
abubakars
in reply to: KJack-Jack

You can create different page setups using different ctb files and plot using the page setup.

See the link that may be of some help,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/Publishing-Sheet-Sets/td-p/4307714

Message 3 of 3
jggerth1
in reply to: KJack-Jack

I'm not sure I'm following what you are asking for.  The only ctb file that matters is the one the current drawing points to.  If you are XREFing in an architectural base file to a current sheet and plotting from that sheet, then whatever ctb that was previously used to plot the architectural drawing is irrelevant.  ONLY the ctb that is associated with the current drawing / layout / pagesetup matters.

It's not possble to reference a civil drawig and an architectural drawing into the current drawing and have the current drawing use different ctb settings for the different xrefs.  But it's pretty easy to set the colors of the xref layers to plot out using the active drawing's ctb with the layer manger.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost