AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 11 of 17 (778 Views)

Re: changing block names

11-30-2012 12:03 PM in reply to: cbingaman110

Hi,

the second post in this thread mentioned command _RENAME and is also marked as solution. Isn't it also a solution for you?

Rename the internal blocks to any name you have not used yet (and also you have not used within the drawing you like to insert the whole truck.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
shevchenko003
Message 12 of 17 (625 Views)

06-12-2013 11:38 PM in reply to: oamaya

how to edit the block without the block name?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 13 of 17 (612 Views)

06-13-2013 03:37 AM in reply to: shevchenko003

Hi,

>> how to edit the block without the block name?

I'm not sure to understand that corretly, but would start with suggesting to right-click one of the block-insertions and choose "Block-Editor" from the context menu.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Valued Contributor
radar696
Message 14 of 17 (602 Views)

06-13-2013 10:28 AM in reply to: cbingaman110

"I need to change the name of "CHASSIS" becuase when i edit the Semi Block, and insert it into my main drawing, the changed color of the "CHASSIS" and all the other 11 blocks, it gives the "duplicate block definition ignored" because i have the original Semi with the original color in the same drawing. I need 2 different colors."

Are you just trying to create a truck that is the same entire color?

Or are you showing different colors for different sections, like the CHASSIS section you mention?

Otherwise you should normally create your blocks using lines set to the "0" layer and keeping your colors set to bylayer.

This allows you to change the entier block to the same color of any layer that it is inserted on.

Other wise you can use the BSAVEAS command that was mentioned by "alfred neswadba" earlier in this thread.

According to what I've found you use that command while in BEDIT.

cadshyamauto
Message 15 of 17 (543 Views)

08-06-2013 10:53 PM in reply to: oamaya

Thank i have change rename block succful 

hmarji
Message 16 of 17 (499 Views)

08-27-2013 10:29 AM in reply to: cbingaman110
if you have ur block file outside the drawing saved, you can save as with a new name and change the color of one block, when you try to insert if you do a purge ACAD will get rid of the extra block info that it's not used. then try to re insert everything all over again :smileyhappy:
hmarji
Message 17 of 17 (497 Views)

08-27-2013 10:30 AM in reply to: radar696
if you have ur block file outside the drawing saved, you can save as with a new name and change the color of one block, when you try to insert if you do a purge ACAD will get rid of the extra block info that it's not used. then try to re insert everything all over again :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube