block attributes

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Fuscha
583 Views, 8 Replies

block attributes

Hi,

I got lots of survey points in my drawing which are block references (all the same block) as you can see in the attachment. Now i need to change the size of all the blocks at once, are there any posibilities? I tried to use the block editor and other things but it didn`t work.

Thanks

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Fuscha

Hi Tom,

This is jyst a suggestion: Make a copy of your block nect to your drawing and explode it. Then make the changes that you want to make. Create the block again using the "Create Block" command and give it the exact same name as the previous block. Select "Redifine" in the dialog box that appears. Once you are done, in the Insert tab > Block Definition drop down select "Syncronize". And follow the command line prompts.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 9
3wood
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Only changes to block attribute definition need "Syncronize". Changes to other entities don't need.

If the entity to be enlarged is a point entity, you may need try to replace the point with a donut object, or adjust system variable PDSIZE. 

Message 4 of 9
Fuscha

Sry for the late response, so I tried it again with your help but I still didn`t manage to change the size. I don`t know why but if I double click on one of the survey points I can easily change the size of the attribute that shows the hight of the point but if I change the same attribute text size in the Block Editor it doesn`t help at all but strangely if I explode the block the attributes are the size of the text that i changed.

So do I have to synchronize the block after I changed the text size in the block editor?

I also tried it the way you told me to explode the block and redefine it but I don`t know hot to edit the attributes (attachments) and how to synchronize the block. I need the HO Attribute but at the current Block the attribute automatically "assumes" the hight of the point.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
doni49

Can you post a dwg file that has 1 or 2 of these points placed?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 9
Fuscha

ok here you have some of the points

Message 7 of 9
doni49

I opened your drawing, selected one of your points, typed in BE (for BEdit -- the block editor), scaled everything by 3 (just to make up a number).  Once It was scaled, I clicked Close Block Editor (on the Ribbon).

The symbol was scaled but not the attribute.  Next I typed ATTSYNC, when prompted, I selected one of the attributes.  They all changed (but for some reason the color changed too).  I'd have to dig in to it a little more to figure out why.

But here's the updated dwg file.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 9
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Ok.  I went back and looked a little closer.  The reason for the color change was simpler than I expected.

After placing the blocks, you must've changed the layer assignments of the attributes.  Because they're on layer "PN".  When I opened the block in the block editor, I found it on layer 0.  When I did the attsync, the attribute was "updated/sync'd" to make it just like it is in the block definition.

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 9
Fuscha

ah finally thanks! thats what I was looking for 🙂

i just didn`t know the attsync command because I never really worked with blocks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost