AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

makatski
Message 1 of 3 (78 Views)

attribute in existing block

78 Views, 2 Replies
04-11-2013 04:04 PM

i have a block that has been already established. i added another line of attribute. how do i make the new attribute associate with the 'move' paramater that has been set iwth the old attributes? i been looking around and couldnt find the correct keyword to help solve this little thing. 

all this is created in block editor.

thanks!

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 2 of 3 (70 Views)

Re: attribute in existing block

04-11-2013 05:10 PM in reply to: makatski

To add an object in a block to a move action, right click on the move action (in bedit) and choose "modify selection". Then add the attdef.  You also want to set the new attdef to "lock position".  Otherwise you could move the attribute by either its own grip or by the move action.

In addition, if you already have block references in the drawing, you will need to use attsync or battman to add the attdef to the existing block references.

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 3 of 3 (53 Views)

Re: attribute in existing block

04-12-2013 04:13 AM in reply to: dbroad

dbroad wrote:

You also want to set the new attdef to "lock position".  Otherwise you could move the attribute by either its own grip or by the move action.

But remember this setting because there may be times when that attribute text is in the way of something and you *do* want to move it.  In that case you'll need to re-open the block editor, select that attribute, and change the "lock" setting in the Properties manager.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube