Did you mean: 

add custom in a standard workspace

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
yvan.samson
1001 Views, 33 Replies

add custom in a standard workspace

I can add the SNCL-MMG tab in all the standard Workspace.

After that I save in a new profile.

In this computer it's ok.

My custom CUI is an Enterprise CUI.

But when I go to another computer and install my custom menu using my profile saved.

I didn't see the tab I need in all standard Workspace.

Autocad add my custom workspace and everything is fine on my custom workspace.

I hope it's clear.

I follow image to show what I mean.

Thank you in advance for all help I can have.

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
Charles_Shade
in reply to: yvan.samson

Is this placed in a Support File Search Path that the other computer uses?

Message 3 of 34
yvan.samson

Yes,

The searching path are on our server.

An it's already confirgured a on the option file support path.

For menu the standard using by AutoCAD still the same and is use as the main.

My custom menu is using as an enterprise menu and is on the server to.

All those setting are saved on my custom profile.

I hope it clarify a bit.

Message 4 of 34
Charles_Shade

CUILOAD from the second Computer perhaps? Make sure your Custom CUI is loaded.

Message 5 of 34
yvan.samson

Thanks for the answer.

The problem it's not at this point.

Because when I import my profile and make it current.

AutoCAD load automatically my custom.cui.

The problem it's no matter each time I want to add my custom tab in workspace  like "3D Basic".

I do I save my profile custom.arg again.

When I load in an other computer my custom.arg the tab doesn't show in workspace "3D Basic" and that's it's for all standard workspace in acad.cui.

I have to get this as a standard because it will be installed in a lot of computer.

Message 6 of 34
dgorsman

Lets get a few things straightened out.

You've created a Ribbon tab in a CUIx file, and that CUIx file is being used by everyone as a their Enterprise CUix.  Is this correct?

You've added the tab to a workspace in the Enterprise CUIx file.  Is this correct?

When somebody picks the workspace defined in your Enterprise CUIx, the tab is shown.  Is this correct?

Each user has their own personal Main CUIx.  Is this correct?

When a user takes a workspace from their own, personal Main CUIx file, the tab is *not* shown.  Is this correct?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 34
yvan.samson

You've created a Ribbon tab in a CUIx file, and that CUIx file is being used by everyone as a their Enterprise CUix. Is this correct?

Yes.

You've added the tab to a workspace in the Enterprise CUIx file. Is this correct?

No, I would like to add the tab in the acad.CUIx workspace standard. Which is the main CUIx.

When somebody picks the workspace defined in your Enterprise CUIx, the tab is shown. Is this correct?

Yes, the workspace for entreprise is correct. I add all tab from the acad.cuix with the tab on my exterprise CUIx.

Each user has their own personal Main CUIx. Is this correct?

We use the standard in the C: drive ACAD.CUIx and add our custom tab from Entreprise CUIx on it. That's the goal.

When a user takes a workspace from their own, personal Main CUIx file, the tab is *not* shown. Is this correct?

Yes is not shown in the workspace standard from ACAD.CUIx but the entreprise CUIx add the workspace, I think I have to copy the ACAD.CUIx from my standard to the C: drive of the new computer.

Another question I have notice the default path I have in my support path it's not showing to.

Is all those thinks controls by the ARG file?

Message 8 of 34
dgorsman

You'll notice I made no mention of profiles, or of ARG files.  Those don't directly control the workspaces (which define what user interface elements are shown).  The active profile sets the search paths where CUIx files can be found, as well as which specific CUIx files are used as Main and Enterprise.  It doesn't control the workspace, just what workspaces are available.  Its good to keep those concepts in mind while working on these things.

The problem you are encountering is the user workspace (as defined in the Main CUIx file) will *not* have a tab automatically added, simply because its made available in a partial CUIx or even copied wholesale into the Main CUIx file.  The same with workspaces in the Enterprise CUIx file.  What needs to be done is the specific workspace from the Main CUIx needs to be modified to add the appropriate panel, then the workspace is reloaded/set current again.  When a workspace is in a common Enterprise CUIx file, changes to Ribbon tabs should be immediate to everyone after modifications.  *But* they can't be personalized.  Its a trade-off - the Main can be customized, but you can't push only certain changes out to the users.  They need to make the changes to their own workspaces themselves, or start fresh from one of the Enterprise workspaces then save-as to a new, personal workspace in their own Main CUIx.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 34
yvan.samson

I try to understand what you have said.

It is possible to explain to me with an exemple.

So like that I will see the way you like to do it.

I think the only way is to replace the Acad.cuix on the user computer.

So like that I can have at start the custom tab.

It is logical?

Message 10 of 34

how many CUI you have right now 2 or 1

acad.cui + enterpris.cui

or

you have acad.cui and you added you SNCL tab in the acad.cui

what is you plan for this Tab are you going to updated via the LAN  or it is one time only process

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 11 of 34

My plan is to add in 1 time on installation of AutoCAD.

I have 2 cui the Acad.cui and the enterprise.cui.

you have acad.cui and you added you SNCL tab in the acad.cui ==> Exactly.

I try to find an automate way to do it as an installation procedure.

For all computer who need this configuration.

Thank you for the help it's greatly appreciate.

Message 12 of 34

well if you are telling me that you are adding SNCL tab in acad.cui, can you explain me why you have enterprise.cui or from where you created you enterprise.cui

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 13 of 34

I add the SNCL tab in the Acad.cui from the entreprise.cui.

It's not part of acad.cui

I have to protect all the block and standard stuff in the ribbon. That's why I need an entreprise.cui.

Message 14 of 34

ok 

next

is your enterprise.cui is on the network

am asking because

if ever you want to update this tab, what is your move, is it to go on each computer and update the enterprise.cui or you want to put it on the network

i have away of working but before i need to know all these details

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 15 of 34

The enterprise.cui.

It's on our server reachable from anywhere around the world.

And the path will connect directly on the server.

If there is modification it will automatically for all users.

Message 16 of 34

before you copy you acad.cui from your computer make sure there are only the main partial cui connected to it + your enterprise.cui

then

the fastest and easier way is to copy your acad.cui and acad.mnr to the user's autocad support folder and then make sure your profile's name once is imported in autocad doesnt have the same defult name. call it SNCL2013 and then exported and then imported to the user's computer

with this basic knowledge you could do it your way to optimise it.

you could

example before adding the tab,  rename you acad.cui to acad_SNCL and the do you adding to it instead to have a commun name acad.cui

you could also

create autocad_sncl icon to target automatically the right profile and work space. /p "c:/xxxx/xxx/snl.arg" /w "3d basic"

if you need more info let us know 

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 17 of 34

I don't want to have 3 different CUI.

It most be acad.cui and my entreprise.cui.

Because what I plan to do it's to rename the acad.cui as the first installation of AutoCAD and add my acad.cui file in it.

After that I will open AutoCAD charge the ARG file for all path.

This is the way I'd like to do.

And all those thing will be in automatic way no manual way that's the most important things.

It is possible to do this way?

Message 18 of 34

so you need to copy your acad.cui and acad.mnr

it is important that acad.mnr of you computer to be in users computers

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 19 of 34

Thank you very much for your help.

I think it's solve my problem.

I'm gonna try like that.

Message 20 of 34

no problem

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost