Mentor
Nik-D
Message 1 of 4 (128 Views)
Accepted Solution

Zooming whilst panning

128 Views, 3 Replies
12-20-2012 01:52 AM

Just wondering if anyone else has come accross this:

When I pan around a drawing by holding down the scroll wheel of the mouse button, I sometimes pan quite slowly, AutoCAD decides to zoom to extents. I know I have not double clicked the scroll wheel. This is very annoying.

Any suggestions?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (127 Views)

Re: Zooming whilst panning

12-20-2012 01:55 AM in reply to: Nik-D

Hi,

>> I know I have not double clicked the scroll wheel. This is very annoying.

And does your computer know that too? ... because if you don't do a double click, it might be the mouse with a small electrical defect did it.

I would start to change the mouse with the one from your neighbour (when he/she takes a coffee or so) :-)

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mentor
Nik-D
Message 3 of 4 (123 Views)

12-20-2012 02:06 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I will try that at lunch and let you know how I get on.

Mentor
Nik-D
Message 4 of 4 (81 Views)

01-02-2013 02:16 AM in reply to: Nik-D

Hi Alfred, it does seem to be the mouse as you sugested, when i release pressure on the scroll wheel the cursor changes from the pan symbol to the cross hairs and back even though you can hear that the microswitch has not clicked on the scroll wheel. This is leading to a zoom to extents.

I shall seek to change my mouse as you sugested i.e when my collegue is at lunch :-)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube