Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Extents when closing a drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ScottAYoung
570 Views, 4 Replies

Zoom Extents when closing a drawing

Does anyone know of a way to automatically zoom extents when a drawing is being saved and closed?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: ScottAYoung

It can be done easily with autolisp, or have autolisp zoom extents when open the drawing.

Message 3 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: Patchy

"..or have autolisp zoom extents when open the drawing."

That would be my preference, as it would be more reliable and is slightly easier to implement.

I suggest the OP look here (from 2013 Help, but applies to earlier versions as well):

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2013/ENU/files/GUID-FDB4038D-1620-4A56-8824-D37729D42520.htm

Focus on the acaddoc.lsp file... and then post back if this doesn't lead to a DIY solution.

Message 4 of 5
dmfrazier

"...zoom extents when a drawing is being saved and closed?"

There are probably several ways this can be done.  The easiest is to create a menu macro which you would then assign to a toolbar button, menu pick, or other interface element.  The macro would automate the sequence of commands you want to run when the button is clicked. This is done in the CUI.

See this: http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2013/ENU/files/GUID-D991386C-FBAA-4094-9FCB-AADD98ACD3EF.htm

Once you set this up, then the main challenge is to remember to use the button instead of the other "more familiar" methods of saving and closing a DWG.

If you are interested in other methods, just ask.

Message 5 of 5
steve216586

It is very easy to create macro and assign to a key or key combo. I use this myself - Shift+S:

'_zoom _e;save;

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost