lvpooldrafting
Message 1 of 4 (366 Views)

XREF

366 Views, 3 Replies
02-26-2013 01:03 AM
Hope you can help me with AUTO CAD
I insert an XREF (DWF for instance )
Add a few notes to it
Go home and when I open the file , it only shows my new notes and the XREF is nowhere to be found
What am I doing or not doing ? 😞
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 2 of 4 (360 Views)

Re: XREF

02-26-2013 01:35 AM in reply to: lvpooldrafting

Are you getting an error notice at home that the xref file cannot be found?  It could be that the location needs to be updated because you're on a different system.

Dave

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Active Contributor
lvpooldrafting
Message 3 of 4 (355 Views)

02-26-2013 01:39 AM in reply to: heinsite
It won't find it How do I make it available if I am using a different computer ? Sent from my iPhone
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 4 of 4 (341 Views)

02-26-2013 02:37 AM in reply to: lvpooldrafting

You do need to take the file (the xref) home with you somehow... like on a portable USB drive or something.  Then, follow this procedure:

1)  open the EXTERNALREFERENCES (xref) manager.    For the file it can't find it should say "Not found". 

2)  At the bottom of the dialog box click somewhere in the "Found at:" line.  The elipsis (three dots ... ) will show at the far right.  Click on those three dots. 

3)  From here browse to find the file.  Once you find it, click the Open button.  This will reload the file for you.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube