AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
tgick
Message 1 of 8 (8,047 Views)

XREF Linetype Scale

8047 Views, 7 Replies
07-06-2011 01:00 PM

I have an architectural drawing inserted in my drawing as an XREF.  The linetypes are showing up correctly, but they appear to be the wrong linetype scale.  I checked the linetype scale, and it's set to 1.00 in both the architect's drawing and in my drawing.  What else do I need to check?

Thanks!

Distinguished Contributor
jwjones1
Message 2 of 8 (8,038 Views)

Re: XREF Linetype Scale

07-06-2011 01:59 PM in reply to: tgick

Did you check the annotative scale?

Distinguished Mentor
Moshe-A
Message 3 of 8 (8,019 Views)

07-06-2011 09:54 PM in reply to: tgick

tgick wrote:

I have an architectural drawing inserted in my drawing as an XREF.  The linetypes are showing up correctly, but they appear to be the wrong linetype scale.  I checked the linetype scale, and it's set to 1.00 in both the architect's drawing   and in my drawing.  What else do I need to check?

Thanks!

tgick,

if you are looking at your drawing from layout? also verify that PSLTSCALE=1

and you are working with a same 1 drawing unit in Model Space and Paper Space

if there isn't a match in drawing unit between model and layout then you can just

increase (or decrease) LTSCALE value until you'll get the best result.

Oh one more thing (cause we are talking about xrefs)

set VISRETAIN to 0  and reload the xref than restore VISRETAIN back to 1

cheers

moshe

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 4 of 8 (7,999 Views)

07-07-2011 06:36 AM in reply to: tgick

Hi,

You can also check whether the drawings have an Imperial/Metric unit mismatch.

If the drawing you have Xreffed has MEASUREMENT set to 0 it will use the Imperial ACAD.LIN for it linetype which is different to the metric ACADISO.LIN used for metric drawings. Metric have the MEASUREMENT variable set to 1.

If you make the MEASUREMENT variable the same in each drawing, reload the linetypes they should look the same in each file assuming all the other suggestions here have been done.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesACR/WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-4f46.htm

Thanks,
Dan 

Dan Scales
*Pro
murray-clack
Message 5 of 8 (7,991 Views)

07-07-2011 07:05 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Another thing to check the linetype assigned to the attached xref layer.

For example, open the Layer Manager and look at the linetypes of the attached xref's layers.  Does the linetype of the attached xref layer say, for example, "Center2", or does it say "[attached filename]:Center2" ??

(where "[attached filename]" represents the name of the DWG file attached as an xref)

If so, simply change the linetype of the attached xref's layers

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 6 of 8 (7,982 Views)

07-07-2011 11:33 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Close.  The MEASUREMENT system variable may automatically prompt for acad.lin / acadiso.lin, but many companies are using acad.lin with metric drawings regardless of the system variable setting.  A number of my clients do this which is mildly aggravating.  In my experience many users will manually select acad.lin as the file when manually adding linetypes, simply because thats what they have always done (and nobody asks "Why is there an ACADISO.lin file?").

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 7 of 8 (7,976 Views)

07-07-2011 02:23 PM in reply to: tgick

tgick wrote:

I have an architectural drawing inserted in my drawing as an XREF.  The linetypes are showing up correctly, but they appear to be the wrong linetype scale.  I checked the linetype scale, and it's set to 1.00 in both the architect's drawing and in my drawing.  What else do I need to check?

Thanks!

Hi,

If you are happy to upload the drawings in question I can take a look and give you the exact cause of the linetype display issue.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
*Pro
murray-clack
Message 8 of 8 (7,962 Views)

07-08-2011 04:14 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales

ANOTHER problem could be that all the objects in the XREF have a physical LTScale assigned to them

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.