AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
sports7
Message 1 of 3 (233 Views)

Workspace question

233 Views, 2 Replies
11-20-2012 07:44 AM

We are upgrading at work from AutoCad 2010 to 2013.  I need to save my workspace so that I can load it in AutoCad 2013.  How do I do this?

Thanks

Distinguished Contributor
sports7
Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: Workspace question

11-20-2012 08:08 AM in reply to: sports7

I found the acad.cuix is this were my custom cui is located?

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 3 of 3 (200 Views)

Re: Workspace question

11-20-2012 11:18 AM in reply to: sports7

That depends on your set-up.  Typically workspaces are saved in the MAIN CUIx specified for a particular profile.  Its generally a good idea to load your own, user-specific non-application CUIx as MAIN to make transfering information easier.  Additional CUIx's can be added partial to MAIN as required, and similar with the ENTERPRISE.

When jumping that many versions, it can be beneficial to start a new workspace from scratch.  Carrying things forward can accumulate old/outdated elements as well as limit discovery of new elements.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube