Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wipeout not hiding modelspace. it hides VP frame.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
willinbrief
2425 Views, 7 Replies

Wipeout not hiding modelspace. it hides VP frame.

My modelspace is showing thru my wipeouts... But the wipeouts are active and I have remade the viewports with the same result. I've used draw order with no change. And here's the kicker. It (the Wipeout) hides the viewport frame, but not the actual model space material being shown thru the viewport. It remains visible.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: willinbrief

Are you placing the wipeouts in paperspace over your viewports? Wouldn't it be simpler to just do that in modelspace?

If you notice on the PLOT dialog pop-up, there is a plot order specific for viewports, change that setting and see if that makes any difference to meet your needs.
Message 3 of 8
willinbrief
in reply to: pendean

Yes I'm placing my Wipeouts in paperspace, over a viewport. the vieport border is hidden by the wipeout, but the model space bleeds thru the wipeout. I'm haveing a bit of a time trying to find the variable thats allowing that to happen.

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

check in the plot-dialog the checkbox for "Plot Paperspace last", toggle it and try it again.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
pendean

See attached, I left the WIPEOUT frame on for easier review: is this what you want?

Message 6 of 8
willinbrief
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the examples. But my issue doesn't go as far as printing. In the live model I can see thru my wipeout which is active and in the forground on the sort order. It seems to work on every thing but the actual contents of the viewport. This is not normal, never had this issue before. and when i open a new drawing the sam issue is present. which leads me to believe it a veriable or system setting.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

I've never seen it act differently.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Mine was doing the same thing. It turned out that I had accidentally turned off plotting for that layer in the layer properties manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost