AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Mentor
octavio2
Message 1 of 7 (1,993 Views)

Where to set XClipframe to 0 (Zero) as Default?

1993 Views, 6 Replies
03-04-2012 01:32 PM

Everytime that I open a new drawing which has clipped XRefs, the Xclipframe is set to the number 2, and I set it back to number "0", but then when I finish that drawing and open another drawimng,  then the new drawing reverts back to Xclipframe 2.

How or where I can change the setting to the default is always "0"?

Thanks in advance.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 7 (1,991 Views)

Re: Where to set XClipframe to 0 (Zero) as Default?

03-04-2012 01:39 PM in reply to: octavio2

Hi,

>> How or where I can change the setting to the default is always "0"?

Looking to the help (>>>details<<<) you can see that the variable is stored in the drawing. So if you want to have the setting of 0 in a new drawing you have to modify your template you use as default. Make a new file, change the setting, do a SAVEAS and chose the filetype "Template".

Then you can do _NEW and chose this template or you can run the command _OPTIONS assign this template-name to be used for command _QNEW. (>>>details<<<)

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Mentor
jonmcfarlandWS
Message 3 of 7 (1,972 Views)

03-05-2012 11:54 AM in reply to: octavio2

I think you mean that you want every drawing that you open to have the XCLIPFRAME variable set to zero, and not just new dwg files.

To do that, copy the attached .lsp file to your system.

Enter the APPLOAD command

Click the Startup Suite icon on the Load/Unload Application dialog box that opens

In the Startup Suite dialog box, click the Add button then navigate to the file you copied then click Open.

Close the other two dialog boxes.

Now, every time you open a dwg file, the XCLIPFRAME variable will be set to zero.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered.
curtainwallBIM.blogspot.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Contributor
R.Gerritsen4967
Message 4 of 7 (1,947 Views)

03-06-2012 03:34 AM in reply to: octavio2

This setting is stored in the dwg-file. But we als had this problem in a few drawings.We noticed that the setting will be 'forgotten' in the dwg-file when it is opened (and saved) in an older version of AutoCAD.

So for instance we make the setting in Acad2011 and later edit the drawing in Acad2000, then the setting is gone...

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 5 of 7 (1,934 Views)

03-06-2012 01:05 PM in reply to: R.Gerritsen4967

Hi,

>> and later edit the drawing in Acad2000, then the setting is gone...

:smileywink: :smileyhappy:

No comment to "why sysvar are not save if you open it with a software from the last century"

You did not realy estimate that this should work, did you?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Active Contributor
R.Gerritsen4967
Message 6 of 7 (1,925 Views)

03-06-2012 11:06 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Haha:smileyvery-happy: No ofcourse not! But it is something you don't really think about when it happens to you.

We had a colleague complaining about this. He was temporarily working at another company. And every day he would run in to the same problem. So I told him about this, and it turned out that every evening the boss from that other company would open a few drawings to check things. The boss only had an old Acad version, and autosave set to 5 minutes.....:smileysurprised:

*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 7 of 7 (1,918 Views)

03-07-2012 09:17 AM in reply to: R.Gerritsen4967

R.Gerritsen4967 wrote: The boss only had an old Acad version, and autosave set to 5 minutes.....

Really?  Autosave overwrote the original file?

Usually it saves to a temp file with the extensions of  dotAC$ (IIRC) in a temp dir off of your profile dir.

Wierd.

Regards,

DJ

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube