Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where I can download Autocad 2012 (student version)?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
17375 Views, 8 Replies

Where I can download Autocad 2012 (student version)?

I can't find it 😞 Only 2012 version is available.

Pavel.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

Looks like the student community is temporarily unavailable today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
Patchy

Maybe only 2013 is available, is that what you're asking?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Ok, thanks. I'll try it tomorrow.

No, I mean 2012, not 2013. It seems site has problem today.

Pavel.

Message 5 of 9
kbernhardt1
in reply to: JDMather

I downloaded the student version of AutoCAD 2012 at first of September 12012 successfully and ran my first assignment on my laptop without problems. However, since then, AutoCAD has developed multiple error messages when opening it up, culminating in a FATAL ERROR after about 5-6 previous error messages, and AutoCAD shuts down. It is unusable and I have already missed turning in assignments and quizes because of this. Tech support is of NO help whatsoever so far on this issue. 

I want to buy a new computer that can handle AutoCAD better, but here's my BIG QUESTION before I lay out the money for this. I have the downloaded AutoCAD student 32-bit version with the serial number and product key, but every laptop or desktop I am considering purchasing is a 64-bit. 

WILL I BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD A FREE 64-BIT AUTOCAD STUDENT VERSION TO USE ON A NEW COMPUTER since the 32-bit version DOESN'T WORK AT ALL and I need to buy a new computer ASAP. I apologize for the frustration, but the lack of tech support or phone numbers to call (that I can find, at least) is driving me nuts here. I realize this is a free student version, but I am a potential customer for your professional versions, but only if I can stay in this course!!!

I would really, really appreciate a prompt answer on this issue.

Thank you,

Karen B

Message 6 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: kbernhardt1

Of course right after you installed it and verified that it was running correctly you created an Windows Restore Point.

Simply return to that Restore Point.

Does your school have a Student IT Help Desk that can help you do a return to Restore Point, Repair Install or uninstall, reinstall?  What about your professor?

Well, if you are purchasing a new computer - no problem, you can download any and all versions avialable on the student community website.  The 64-bit version will have a different serial number than the 32-bit version had.  Be sure to Activate the free 3-yr license after installation and CREATE A WINDOWS RESTORE POINT.

There is no totally free support for anyone other than this peer-to-peer forum.  Your school should have a Student IT Help Desk.

Your professor should be able to provide basic information (like that supplied above.

If you decide to try an Uninstall/Reinstall be sure to search Google for Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 9
1999omkarpawar

Version 2012

Message 8 of 9

Hi @1999omkarpawar,

Is there anything you need help with?

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 9 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: 1999omkarpawar

what about it?

this is not available under a student license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report