Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walls layer will not plot in layout

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Brakedisc
2258 Views, 9 Replies

Walls layer will not plot in layout

Wall layer will not print when I export the plan to layout via export to Pdf.  All other lines print.  When I print in model space by putting a window around the plan and export to a PDF file the wall layer prints.  

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
3wood
in reply to: Brakedisc

Can you upload a sampe drawing in a zip file?

Message 3 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: 3wood

Is this problem happening in paperspace?

Can you see the Wall Layer when you are in paperspace?

If you can't, your wall layer in the current viewport is frozen and needs to be thawed.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 10
doni49
in reply to: hwalker

@hwalker wrote:

Is this problem happening in paperspace?

Can you see the Wall Layer when you are in paperspace?

If you can't, your wall layer in the current viewport is frozen and needs to be thawed.

And just to expand on that statement a bit:

1. Open your dwg file.
  2. Go to the layout tab in question.  Activate the model view by double clicking inside it.
  3. Open the layer dialog box and find the wall layer.
  4. Scroll to the right and you'll find a column labeled "VP Freeze".  Part of the icon in that column looks like a sun/starburst if that's Gray, then the layer is frozen.  If it's Yellow, then it's thawed.  Click on it to toggle that setting.

EDIT:  Added image.

ACADVPFreeze.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 10
Brakedisc
in reply to: doni49

I solved the problem by switching from color white #255 to white #7.  I do not understand why this mattered ?  I have never downloaded any of the service packs for autocad architecture 2012.  Should I downlod service pack 1 and 2?  Some time after I download something I end up with new problems so I am leary to download anyhting if everything is working.

Message 6 of 10
hwalker

Colour 255 is white, no matter what color 7 says

Colour 7 is actually black, but will show white on the screen.if your background is black, and it will always plot as black

Colour 255 will always plot as white, so white colour on white background will not show.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 10
pendean

Change you AutoCAD background to white, like the sheet of paper you are plotting to, and you will see the difference between colors 255 and 7. That will explain it best.

Unless you are printing to black paper and your printer has an actual white ink cartridge ... not likely.
Message 8 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: pendean

Maybe they should create a Tippex (Whiteout I believe you Americans call it) cartridge

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 10
Brakedisc

Thanks for resolving my problem.  I never had this problem with later versions of AEC.  Thanks again

Message 10 of 10
dmfrazier

An additional factor not mentioned in any of the previous helpful suggestions is the effect of the Plot Style Table on plotted output (assuming you use them).  Apparently one of your plotting methods used a Plot Style that plotted color 255 as (perhaps) "Use object color" (or at least something "invisible" on a white background), while the other method used a Plot Style that plotted color 255 as (perhaps) "Black" (or at least something "visible" on a white background).

If you use a Plot Style that maps color 255 (an extremely light gray which looks white on a black or dark background) to "black", you can then use color 255 without concern that it will "disappear" when plotted.  The Plot Style named "monochrome" (which comes with AutoCAD) is one example.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost