AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

darrenb1980
Message 1 of 7 (671 Views)

Vport frame / border missing?

671 Views, 6 Replies
02-22-2013 04:55 AM
Spoiler

I seem to have a bug where I am unable to select or edit my viewport.

Al layers are switched on, thawed and visible. I have audited and purged the drawing but I still cannot see it or alter it using the grips. I have tried maxview and minview which restores it visibly but it does not seem to register as an entity that i can edit or delete.

Anyone know what this might be?

Cheers,

Darren.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 7 (670 Views)

Re: Vport frame / border missing?

02-22-2013 04:57 AM in reply to: darrenb1980

Hi,

remove all from the modelspace except of one or two entities visible in the viewport and upload this DWG, otherwise it's an endless guessing.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
darrenb1980
Message 3 of 7 (667 Views)

02-22-2013 05:10 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have managed to find a fix on another forum. For some reason thawing the 0 viewport on its own solved the problem even though the vport was on the defpoints layer which i am told can cause the issue.

Thanks for your response Alfred.

Contributor
Shillamus
Message 4 of 7 (577 Views)

02-26-2013 07:23 AM in reply to: darrenb1980

I also have a drawing with 3 vports that have dissapearred on one sheet. The rest are still visible. I have been turning vports on and off

Contributor
Shillamus
Message 5 of 7 (574 Views)

02-26-2013 07:32 AM in reply to: darrenb1980

Layer vport is not showing up on one sheet only.. shows up on the rest of the sheets

darrenb1980
Message 6 of 7 (572 Views)

Re: Vport frame / border missing

02-26-2013 07:36 AM in reply to: Shillamus
Make sure the layer 0 is switched on and regen. Darren. ********************************************************************** Opinions advice, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Flintshire County Council shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it or on its behalf, and consequently Flintshire County Council shall bear no responsibility whatsoever in respect thereof. Deellir na fydd unrhyw safbwyntiau, na chynghorion, na chasgliadau nac unrhyw wybodaeth arall yn y neges hon, nad ydynt yn berthnasol i waith swyddogol Cyngor Sir y Fflint, yn cael eu cynnig na'u cadarnhau ganddo nac ar ei ran, ac felly ni fydd Cyngor Sir y Fflint yn derbyn unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am y rhannau hynny o'r neges. **********************************************************************
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 7 of 7 (509 Views)

03-01-2013 02:25 AM in reply to: darrenb1980

So many problems show up in these discussions because people misuse Layer 0 and the DEFPOINTS layer.  Both of these layers have special properties that can either help or drive you crazy, and neither should really be used if you don't fully understand what they're for. 

Simply put, things like viewports should go on a Viewports layer.  It's really that easy.

Dave   

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube