Visibility in dynamic block

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
harryliu3140
2014 Views, 5 Replies

Visibility in dynamic block

Hi,

When I use visibility of dynamic block, I found it's a great feature. But when I have more objects involved in it there will be too many states.

If we have 'visibility action' beside 'visibility set' maybe it will make thing better, when use it with lookup table. Each visibility action can has it's own set of objects. Put actions in lookup table to hide and show the set combined with them.

This is a suggestion or wish list to Autodesk.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
harryliu3140
in reply to: harryliu3140

Lookup also could be more flexable. Checkboxes can be used to select visibility action status. User can show or hide different feature of the dynamic block.

It's easy to say but difficult to make it real 🙂

Message 3 of 6

Dynamic Block Forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/bd-p/154

Depending on your Version this Lisp could be of help: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/You-gotta-try-visibility-add-eng-v1-1/m-p/2521041/highl...

Double/Triple Lookup Actions can be good too: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/Double-Dynamic-Lookups/m-p/4379234/highlight/true#M1559...

Autodesk will not be creating any new features for Dynamic Blocks as far as I know.

Message 4 of 6
dmfrazier
in reply to: harryliu3140

"Each visibility action can has it's own set of objects."

What would a "visibility action" be?  How would it differ from a visibility state?

What you have described sounds like what we have already.

Message 5 of 6

Wow, that's a long thread. I think it will keep going longer till Autodesk has some action on this matter.

Thank you Charles for this direction although at the end of the thread I found it's works till ACAD2011. I'm using ACAD MEP 2012.

ACAD is a huge mountain and so many peoples are still make it higher. How can AUTODESK make their efforts combined with ACAD.

Maybe the Exchange store is an option. I just got a pdf converter from there. Do you have any standard and process requirement for this store?

Message 6 of 6
harryliu3140
in reply to: dmfrazier

You can only have one visibility in the DB. In the visibility you have multi-states. In each states you must include all objects' visible status.

In visibility action you just include the objects related with one feature. Example, view title block, you have different features: bubble, second title, scale. Each feature can has a visibility action include objects related with it. Then I can easily combine these features to create title block : bubble and secon title without scale, single title without bubble but with scale, etc.. You will have too many states in one visibility and difficult to manage.

But if Autodesk stop adding more features to Dynamic Block, then this can only be a dream or DIY matter. How can we share these DIY efforts is the matter Autodesk can help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost