AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
HullDrafter
Message 1 of 2 (237 Views)

Viewport question

237 Views, 1 Replies
05-02-2012 06:16 AM

I had a question put to me, that I can say, I have never heard of. When using view ports with a three dimensional model, is it possible to have a viewport that can regulate depth of what is seen without turn off/freezing layers or using clip or section or turning the model into a 2d drawing? As it was put to me, could a section be used when looking at a ship model to look at frame 33 and 34, but no further? All without turning off/freezing layers?

Any assistance would be helpful. I am still not sure where else to look.

HD

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (218 Views)

Re: Viewport question

05-05-2012 01:18 AM in reply to: HullDrafter

Hi,

>> to have a viewport that can regulate depth

If you mean by "regulate depth" clipping of some objects in front and/or some objects in the background from beeing visible, then YES:

So after setting up the viewport use command _DVIEW (select some of your objects) and then option _CLIP .... (>>>details<<<, scroll down to "CLIP")

>> [...] or turning the model into a 2d drawing?

The easiest one would be to use command _FLATTEN (from the ExpressTools) or command _FLATSHOT (>>>details<<<)

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube