AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

bjmallon
Message 1 of 1 (74 Views)

Using Named Plot Styles in Table Styles

74 Views, 0 Replies
02-04-2010 04:27 PM
I had a complain to our reseller a few years ago about not being able to use Named Plot Styles (STB) in Table Styles. They assured me at the time that Autdesk were aware of the problem.

Well... 2007, 2008, 2009 and now 2010 still haven't resolved the issue, as they will only work properly under Colour Table (CTB) plotting.

The only way that I can get them to work is to take a copyof the table (so that I don't lose the functionality), explode the copy and place all the linework and text on appropriate layers with preset Named Plot Styles, then use the exploded version in my plotted output.

Luckily I've got a LISP routine that does this for most of our tables, however it's inconvenient and can be confusing for the end user who can't see why this has to be done.

Additionally I now have a use for a table where this exploding process will prove annoying to end users.

I can use lineweights and have ecery line white, but it's not as display friendly having different colours representing different line thicknesses, and then simply plotting with a named plot style.

Any chance of generating some noise to get this fixed?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube