Ron-C
Message 1 of 4 (813 Views)
Accepted Solution

Using Express Tools "Replace Block with another Block"

813 Views, 3 Replies
03-06-2012 11:53 AM

Just tryied using the express tools "Replace Block with another Block"

The operation worked.........it changed all the objects to the new block

and named it correctly but did not change the Attributes !  I did a "Synchronize Attributes"

but that did not correct the attribute info.

Is this by design ? 

Thanks for any info.

Ron

Valued Mentor
gjrcmb
Message 2 of 4 (791 Views)

Re: Using Express Tools "Replace Block with another Block"

03-06-2012 05:56 PM in reply to: Ron-C

After some experimentation here are my findings.

Case 1:  If I have two different blocks that are both defined with the "same" Attribute Definition Tag name, but the attribute in each block is assigned a different value, then when I use Replace Block and ATTSYNC the Attribute Definition Tag name of the replaced block changes but the value does not.

Case 2: If I have two different blocks that are defined with "different" Attribute Definition Tags, then both the Attribute Definition Tag name and value change.

So if you want to retain the value of the attribute in the block you can have the attributes tag names be the same.  If you actually need to update the value shown by the attribute, then the attributes need different tag names.

Not sure if that is any help or your end, but those are my observations.  Otherwise, Replace Block seems to be working.

*Expert Elite*
3wood
Message 3 of 4 (780 Views)

03-07-2012 05:46 AM in reply to: Ron-C

Instead of replace blocks, you can try redefine the old block with new block objects (copy and paste in block editor) and SYNC it later.

3wood

CAD KITS

Mentor
Ron-C
Message 4 of 4 (776 Views)

03-07-2012 06:06 AM in reply to: Ron-C

Thanks to all..........

I'll use both suggestions !

Ron

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube