Using Dynamic Blocks like Table Driven Parts in Inventor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
waynehelley
444 Views, 6 Replies

Using Dynamic Blocks like Table Driven Parts in Inventor

Hi there,

I am looking into using Dynamic Blocks to give us differnt variations of very similar parts. A very simple example being...

Untitled.png

I'm finding my block just doesn't behave how it should.  When I change between configurations, the Width changes but the Height doesn't.  I have attached the file.

Wayne Helley
Inventor 2013 Certified Professional

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023
Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
waynehelley
in reply to: waynehelley

I'm not quite sure how but I seem to have solved that problem.  My next problem is that I have an attribute which I need to display. It appears when editting my block...

Untitled.png

But when I return to my model, it's gone.  Even when I have 'Display all attributes' activated.

Untitled.png

Wayne Helley

Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Message 3 of 7
waynehelley

Wayne Helley

Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Message 4 of 7
doni49

@waynehelley wrote:

I'm not quite sure how but I seem to have solved that problem.  My next problem is that I have an attribute which I need to display. It appears when editting my block...

But when I return to my model, it's gone.  Even when I have 'Display all attributes' activated.

Type in "ATTSYNC" then pick your block.

EDIT:  The other possibility that I can think of is if you are using Visibility states, is the attribute in a different Vis State?  I don't have time at the moment to deal with downloading the file to test this myself.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 7
doni49
in reply to: doni49

After posting my last message, I was informed the person that I'm supposed to be meeting is going to be late.  So I tried opening your file (in Acad 2012).  I got a message that the file couldn't be opened because it was last saved in a newer version.

So what version is it?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 7
waynehelley

Thanks r the reply. Its Mechanical 2013. Tomorrow i will save it to an older format for you.
Wayne Helley

Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Message 7 of 7
steven-g

Hey someone from my neck of the woods, I'm from Pudsey, Try inserting another copy of the block it works fine here, or as doni49 suggests use the attsync command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost