Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating blocks from design center already in a .dwg

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
morganism3
214 Views, 1 Reply

Updating blocks from design center already in a .dwg

Right now my company is re-doing a big library of custom-made blocks that we use for different projects. The blocks are stored in different fiolders depending on their use (such as e-schematics or fire detection) and each block is in its own .dwg.

I am keeping one big spreadsheet with all these different blocks inserted from their different folders via design center, so that I can print it off easily and show it to my bosses.

Right now, every time I make a change to any block, I have to delete it from the spreadsheet, then purge it from the spreadsheet, then pull it over again from design center. It's taking forever.

Is there a command where I can tell my one big spreadsheet dwg to update blocks from design center as they are changed? There has got to be a faster way to do this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jggerth1
in reply to: morganism3

if by spreadsheet, you mean a CAD drawing, then yes there is.  instead of _inserting_ from Design Center, use the XREF command and reference your blocks in.  they will automagically be kept in synch with whatever is on the file system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost