Did you mean: 

Unregular cylinder side surface

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Stan72
403 Views, 3 Replies

Unregular cylinder side surface

How do I get unregular cylinder side surface (not a top or bottom one) unfolded, so I could see it all in one plane?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Stan72

@Stan72 wrote:

How do I get unregular cylinder side surface (not a top or bottom one) unfolded, so I could see it all in one plane?

Here's an example for a very particular situation.  Something could be developed with a similar approach to draw, say, the shape of the unrolled end of a cylinder sliced off by an angled plane, with numerical values for the radius and cutting angle.  But it generates the unrolled shapes from numerical pipe sizes and angle of intersection, not from a 3D Solid entity if that's what you mean.  [I wouldn't be surprised if certain overlay programs [such as Inventor, maybe?] have functions to do what you want, but I couldn't say.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
johnteng00
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

www.Solid3dtech.com has a tool which can easily unfold the cylinder or other surfaces.

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Stan72

Autodesk has a software called Autodesk Inventor that will create flat patterns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost